Smoking after donating blood?

Discussion in 'General' started by Balance, May 5, 2009.

1. donated blood at school the other day (needed "service learning hours" to graduate, plus it's always nice to help out :D)

i ended up donating double the amount necessary, because like i said, i needed hours.. i was feeling pretty light-headed and tired, but i was ok. i had to work that day as well, where i ended up smoking with three different group of friends..

ONE OF THE MOST INTENSE HIGHS OF MY LIFE!!! has anyone else smoked after or even have even been high while donating blood? i would definitely be tripping out with the latter :smoking:

2. I smoked after some blood test (they took 6 viles of blood). I was so lifted, it was like getting high for the first time again.

3. I was high when I was supposed to donate blood (sophmore year of highschool) and I freaked out because I thought they'd notice or test for it. I never ended up going.

4. I gave blood once in high school. I asked the lady ( who was halarious ) if I drank afterwards if I would be more intoxicated. She laughed and told me I would have to find out for myself. After breaking the ice I asked if the blood was going to be tested. She laughed and said "what is with all you white people freaking out about getting drug tested donating blood, shit when i go to the other schools ( innercity ) no one asks me shit." Haha

Anyway i smoked right after i gave blood. It didnt make me feel higher but more lightheaded and woozy.

5. i work for a local blood bank, and yeah i often smoke right after donating and its amazing

6. #6 Bleezie_King, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
    i think it would be because your blood, if u smoke on a regular basis, contains and constantly circulates THC built up in your fat stores and maybe some newly introduced THC (pending on how long it was since your last toke), which gives you your tolerance.

and when u get blood drawn, they don't take enough to cause harm, but enough where your body starts stepping up it's production of blood cells to make up for what has been lost.

your new blood is clean of ant foreign chemicals, so you momentarily lower the amount of THC in your blood stream, effectively lowering your tolerance for a short time, and this happens all over the body everywhere, so your brain is also shortly drained of THC.

and when all the new, clean blood gets an rush of fresh THC and it hits your brain, it effects u the same way as if u have taken a t-break, or in the OP's case with the higher amount of blood that was drawn, like it was your first time.

just my opinion. could have something to do with the lower amount of blood in the body overall, but i'm pretty sound this the possibility that what i have come up with is at least close to what actually happens.

7. BK, that definitely makes sense :)

8. yup, Ive done this, def makes it a more intense high, good shit.

9. i shall try this new method of lowering tolerance :devious:

10. i remember walking by one of those blood bank trailers, and a nurse, in an attempt to convince us to donate blood, told us that donating blood would remove THC from our systems faster (in order to pass a drug test). i found this pretty funny, because nothing in our appearance or the way we were acting did anything to suggest that we were bud smokers :rolleyes: