Smoking after cleaning?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by majesticemu92, Mar 7, 2011.

1. So I just cleaned my bong and i'm wondering if I can smoke out of it right after cleaning. I just don't wanna hit the bong and somehow get alcohol fumes or smoke epsom salt if there is any in the stem because I couldn't clear it out. What do you think, safe to smoke or not? Would it hurt me if somehow had inhaled a little epsom salt?

2. i dont think salt should hurt your. but as long as you wash it out with some water and if its fairly dry id say give her a toke and enjoy your clean piece while it last! :smoke:

3. as long as you rinsed it out properly you're good to go. I clean my bong daily and smoke right after with no problem.

4. I'd rinse it out a few times.

5. The thing is the slide is kinda clogged I try to pour water into it but it takes a minute to go down the slide and just drips out the other end.

6. boil the slide.

7. LOL. If the slide is clogged, you're not done cleaning.:rolleyes:

But to answer your question, if you smell alcohol just give it a better rinse. No smell, no worry. As far as the salt is concerned, it will not hurt you. A normal flame will not get salt anywhere near hot enough to release anything into your lungs.

8. #8 majesticemu92, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    its a glass slide. I mainly cleaned the bong I could only clean the outside of the stem and the bowl but not the inside of the stem.

9. I don't understand. Is the slide stuck in the bong? You should try and get it clean regardless. You can't be smoking out of a clogged downstem. Spend a few minutes reading the piece cleaning guide, then spend a few more on your glass. Your smoking experience will be greatly improved.

Good luck :bongin:

10. Go on Amazon.com and search "pipe cleaners". You can get 100-200 of those things for under $6 after shipping. So cheap. Those get that nasty resin out of those tight spots