Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking a J like a Pro.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by godsthirdnut, Feb 14, 2009.

  1. #1 godsthirdnut, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
    I know what your thinking. Inhale, hold, exhale. That’s all there is to it. But I’ve smoked many many Js in the last few months, its part of my running routine and I do that almost every day. I’m a pensive smoker and have become a student of the perfect drag, so I’d like to share with you all.

    Shape of the lips: very important. Loosely grip J with outside part of the lip so as not to get it nasty. Keep a very small gap on their side of the end to get in fresh air. I keep this gap open just a bit the whole hit.

    The inhale: start inhaling very slowly and gradually increases to a slow steady pull. About 40% of the stuff coming into your mouth should be smoked from the J, the other 60% is fresh air from around the roach. If you do this right the fresh air mixes with the smoke and makes it very smooth, so you can take a long long drag no problem. End the hit by slowly dropping how hard you suck.

    What you should see: if you rolled it right and you smoke it right the cherry should never be much thicker then the thinness of your thumb nail. It should be a narrow line of orange between the ash and the paper. The only time you see smoke coming off the tip is at the end of the hit, and even then not much. Between hits the cherry should shrink down to where you can barely see it.

    I find if you do this perfect you get high very efficiently, almost as good as a normal bowl. Be reflective of your smoking process, you will like it more.
  2. dope, now i can smoke a jay around my friends without feeling insecure about my inhale! Thanks!
  3. I disagree. Pull hard at first, then hard some more.

    Ghosts are also key to smoking like a pro.
  4. Haha, there is no percentage bullshit involved in my pro smoking. You've got to hit it hard and fast. And ghosts are fucking dope.
  5. #5 OCDinFL, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  6. I really don't think there is an art to smoking a J.
    This thread is kind of pointless.
  7. The only part you need to know.
  8. best explanation on how to hit a joint i ever heard :

    "just suck on it like its a little cock"

    nearly passed out laughing when this dude said it to me when i first started smoking 8 years ago.
  9. fuck it man

    im just puff puff puffin away:smoke:
  10. You're making it a lot more complicated than it is or needs to be.
  11. step 1: inhale smoke, inhale some air (optional)
    step 2: hodl it in for a number of seconds
    step 3: exhale
    step 4: repeat step 1 - 3 until desired effects are reached
    step 5: high
  12. +rep for the informative guide
  13. how did you know what to do? furthermore...i just take several hits at a time, inhale exhale, couple hits inhale/exhale, meditate..then continue as needed..
  14. stuuupid, if it gets you high you're pro.
  15. Should this really be posted in Seasoned Tokers, I mean if you are active on this section you should know how to smoke a j.
  16. I tend to agree, not to mention that the OP makes a huge production out of a simple thing. If someone needs instructions on smoking a joint they probably shouldn't even be smoking in the first place, it CERTAINLY shouldn't take multiple sentences/paragraphs to explain to someone :)

Share This Page