Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokin over Drinking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ganjaguy420, Jul 15, 2008.

1. so... opinions from smokers who drink and smoke on the regular....
    i smoke, but drink more so.. and would rather be drunk then high... i dunno can this be a comparison?

2. Here's how I view it

weed= mind expanding (I think we all understand why we love weed)

alcohol=mind numbing (good social drug but nothing more for me, I'd rather take a benzo than drink)

3. i like both but probably weed better

i'm gunna be smokin weed for probably as long as i possibly can .. but i'll only be boozin heavy for like maybe another 2-4 years.

to me gettin blazed is nice and more relaxin .. but then boozin is just havin like a sick ass time and gettin retarded and like energized and ragin

the best would have to be getting high .. bein high for like 3 hours .. then when u start comin down .. start hittin up that brew

4. Being high is far better then being drunk IMO. No matter how stoned I am I can still do everything I could sober (maybe with a few minutes of confusion added in lol). However, when I'm drunk I can't do anything machine related (using a TV remote for example). I can also completely control myself when I'm high, unlike drinking too much which makes me black out and not remember a thing the next day.

5. I would have to say i like smoking better since its relaxing and shit. Also you can't get hangovers and shit from smoking. Drinking is better when at parties and what not. but i would have to say that combining the two is always awesome.

6. I'd rather toke and chill out with drunk people than be one of the drunk people, but there are times when I am the drunk person and that is fun as well. Usually when I mix the two I just pass the fuck out.. After drinking 12-15 beers in a night, I smoke a bowl with some buddies then proceed to crash. Kinda cool unless I wake up with a hangover, but that doesn't happen often.

7. It depends on the situation for me, If I'm at a party, I like being drunk better. Most other times I like being high.

8. I tend to go back and forth depending on how I'm feeling in that part of my life. I know it sounds horrible, but it's the truth. I find that both alcohol and weed have two really cool cultures to be a part of. But personally, I'd take a drink over a joint.. most of the time. Also, I don't mix them. If I do, the weed just puts me to sleep.

9. It really depends on the scenario for me

party/large social thing = drunk.

chill night/small group of friends = blaaaaze
    I talk a little less when I'm high for whatever reason. I think a lot more.

10. While I do like hitting the local pubs and partying, the smoke is just far better suited for me.

I can't run a business drunk but I can enjoy my time and get on with work while high. (Computer Graphics is always hard when drunk, the mouse ends at the other side of the room!) :eek:

-JC

11. I'm not a huge drinking fan. I'll do it once in a while, sometimes I get trashed, other times I just have a couple, but the result is never better than smoking pot. I'll take pot over alcohol ANY day.

12. i smoke every day, and i drink like 2-3 times a week heavily, n u cant rele compare which i like better, but drinking provides for better entertainment haha

13. Give me weed over beer or hard achool any day...I can still function and I wont have a hangover the next day...I can do anything high.I cant do the same on achool..I like to have control of my buzz so that may be the reason I only really smoke and just drink with friends and have not touched E in 5 years ,LSD in forever....Im just a weed person..I like everything about it and it doesn't talk back...If only women were like that..

Ow I cant wait to get home and smoke some jacks..5 more hours

14. Depends on the situation. I can smoke weed everyday, at night during the day, by myself whatever. But if i were to do the same with drinking, I would consider myself an alchoholic. If i'm chilling with friends I can get drunk or high, but I don't find it that enjoyable to be the only person high when everyone else is drinking. Because of this I usually drink at any parties.

weed has its moments but so does drinking in my books.

15. I'm probably on the rarer side of things, where I don't drink (other than a glass of wine or two with dinner) and the occassional drink on the weekend. Smoke? Daily.

16. I like both but I'd definitely rather smoke than drink.

17. I've never been drunk. Never even had an entire can or bottle of beer. It's just something I don't like. Herb works just fine for me.

18. high wins. if i drink i want to be high too.

19. I prefer smoking over drinking,I mean there's no hangover and no puking.
    But don't get me wrong I have had my share of good times drinking so I guess It all depends.

20. weed's definitely better for just overall doin shit like jamming, listening to music, movies, video games, work, shit like that. Drinking's good when I want to be social, if I get to high at a party all I want to do is smoke more weed hahaha everyone who's drinking just has way too much energy and it annoys me when I'm ripped. But I'd definitely choose weed over liquor