smokin leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iyland, Jun 16, 2010.

1. alright so an old hippie grower asked me to collect all the leaves that fall off my plants. he likes to roll them into joints takes him back to the mexischwag days. :confused: whatever. Anyway my question: is it safe to smoke leaves that have had direct contact with fertilizer? especially nonorganic ferts? I know for good flowers you need a good flush, could he receive any bodily harm from smoking the leaves that fall off directly after being fertilized?
    as always, all input is appreciated

2. interesting question. bump

3. OMFG DONT SMOKE LEAVES THAT HAVE FERT ON THEM!!!! YOU CAN DIE!!!!

Fert like miracle grow can make your lungs to secrete fluid and you can drown yourself.

Fan leaves have very little thc in them, you would have to smoke like a pound of them to even get a buzz probably. Your plant wont have any thc in it til its close to harvest time anyway.

Only the leaves that are on the buds are worth smoking...

4. Another thing...

Back to the mexican schwag days? Thos days are now, like 60% of the weed in america is shitty mexican brick weed.

5. and even that is bud, not leaf.

6. Good thing I don't live in that 60%

And don't smoke the leaves silly willy.

7. I agree with you completely, I'm holding out until we get some proper buds but my buddy doesn't much like 'modern' or dank bud, the lower THC levels and more familiar flavor and smoke is the appeal to him. So personal preference aside, should he be safe to smoke leaves that have been washed? Or is even the fert left in the leaf itself dangerous?
    thanks to all the replies :smoke:

8. No its not safe, there is still fert IN the leafs. Before you harvest you flush your plants out like you said earlier. That cleans out the inside of the plant. Since the leafs fell off before being flushed they still probably have fert in them...

Tell your friend that he might as well walk outside and pick some leafs off a tree and smoke those. It would be the same thing, fan leafs dont taste like weed, they taste like chlorophyll, thats it. They have no weed taste at all. He wont get high either, it takes pounds of leafs just to make one tiny hash ball.

It sounds like your "hippy friend" has a head full of apple sauce from to many acid trips.

9. ROFL :smoke:

10. he prolly wants the leaves so he can feed them through a silk screen and get the keef from the leaves or make hash out of the clippings, i do it all the time and you get just as high as smokin the bud.

11. #11 LBH, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    He's not looking for trim,...too strong, he wants the fan leaves because they don't work (??)

Why don't you be a real bud and explain to him he's not getting high, he's getting lightheaded,.... a cigarette will do the same thing for him, why be illegal, but let's be real here, you are your hippy friend (we see stuff worded like this all the time here man),.......so do yourself a favor and listen to us. Do not smoke the fan leaves dude.

12. No he actually said that he rolls them up and smokes them... i like keef and hash just as much as the next guy. But a few fan leafs that fell off the plant aint gonna make anything.