Smokin Bud Cause Acne(pimples)?

Discussion in 'General' started by KroniK420, Dec 13, 2003.

1. I was just wondering If smoking Weed Will increase chances of getting pimples or make it worse for people that already do...Cause i heard my friend talkin about it..

2. Actually.. I have no imperical data, only anecdotal. But....

I used to have wicked bad acne. I mean, it was really bad, like, all over my arms, chest, back, and face. I went to see a dermatologist and he perscrbed Acutane, which cleared up my acne amazingly well. Acutane isn't for everybody, though, it's best use is for extreme cases like mine.

Anyway.. where was I going with this? Oh yeah, Acutane cleared up my acne. I'd still have an occasional zit (once every 6 months or so?) but no big deal. I've noticed, though, that when I smoke a lot, I'll tend to have more breakouts. This is hardly a scientific study, but there certainly seems to be a casual link there.

One other thing I've noticed is that when I take OTC herbal suppliments (like St. Johns Wort, or Ginko Biloba), I tend to have a little flare up of zits.

Hrm.. maybe I could get a grant for research...

3. ^
    hahah....

I used to think about this when i used to have some acne and smoked. I always told myself it was probably making it better.. but it was probably clearing up naturally at the time...

4. While i have no actual data or facts to back this up, im voting no on this one.

My reason for this is, This is how the anti-marijuana industry works.What does every high-school kid hate? Pimples, zits. So, why not make up a anti-mj rumor about it causing pimples, so that it will stop high school students from smoking mj. Its the same with 'smoking with stunt your growth' and the infamous 'hey, smoke that wacky weed and you'll grow yourself a pair of titties.'

Grasscity Deals Near You