Smokey's Grow Room Build

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Smokey McHigh, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Hello again all.

I have recently taken the plunge and started construction on my grow room. This will be my first grow but I have been doing a lot of planning and research and hope all goes well.

I decided to start this journal as I'm sure I will have a ton of questions and look forward to learning from everyone on the city.

I don't have a lot of pictures from the first few days as the nature of the construction made my house unavailable to visitors so I wanted to work as quickly as possible to get things back to "normal".

Where it started, this room was originally a good size walk in closet. Since then the entire room was gutted down to the studs. I then split the room in half by building a stud wall and then recovered all the walls. Each wall was insulated with R-16 fiberglass and then covered with 5/8 type X, and taped / mud. I then used "green glue" sound proofing between a second layer of 5/8 X and taped / mud again. All cracks / crevices found along the way have been filled with silicone.

This is where I am currently at and photos are attached.

This is the wall I built to split into flower / veg rooms.
    IMG_20110420_225441.jpg

Flower room.
    IMG_20110420_225533.jpg

This is the veg side.
    IMG_20110420_225451.jpg

Veg room looking out from flower
    IMG_20110420_225548.jpg

Cut out for window A/C
    IMG_20110420_225613.jpg

I know its kind of hard to get an idea of size. I am working on an overhead map with measurements, I'll get this up soon.

Also, I have been keeping track of all my expenses and will edit this post shortly and moving forward as to give everyone an idea of whats involved. Even if it makes me cry seeing my budget go up in smoke.

So once again welcome to my build, enjoy.

-Smokey

2. Reserved for Future Updates

3. Liking the username.

4. So this leads me to my first question, that didn't take long I know.

My current plan is to silicon between the sheet rock and the concrete floor and then cover everything in Sta-Kool 770 Ultra White Elastomeric Roof Coating.

Do you guys think this will suffice as a floor covering. I'm thinking that is should be good to go, just looking for a second opinion.

This is a pic of how it looks now.
    Damn nails that hold down the carpet stick were a bitch to get out.
    IMG_20110420_225626.jpg

Thanks for the help.

-Smokey

5. Ditto

6. I think you're doing an amazing job for a first grow. Go all out or not at all, huh? +rep for the effort you're putting in to this. You're doing it right, man.