smokers fingers

Discussion in 'General' started by HighHaze, Nov 2, 2007.

1. anyone have very rough fingertips because of the aftermath of multiple attempts of lighting a bic? i hdo but thats probably because i try to smoke outside when its too windy, plus i use a bowl.

2. Yeah..but who cares..we're just evolutions of monkies..

3. My thumbtips are tough like fucking leather, but it really doesn't bother or hinder me in any way. It's just an occupational hazard.

4. Well most of my finger tips are already callused up from playing Guitar and Bass but my right thumb has gotten unsually callused up.

Haha.

5. If you rip out the little piece of metal, which is a child safety lock, Bics are a lot easier to light.

6. ^
    QFT

My thumbs have been lighter raped as well.

7. Yeah, but that doesn't stop them from shredding your fingers from frequent use. Plus, who doesn't take them out?

8. I don't. I've never found it especially difficult to light a lighter with a safety on.

I know my thumb has been a little raw in the past from flicking lighters, but no, the callouses on my fingers are from playing guitar.

9. I never get shredded fingers and I smoke weed at least 2 or 3 times a day, plus I smoke cigarettes as well. I figured taking the safety off would prevent it.

10. my rirght thumb on the side has a callus. Its good though i can light a lighter forever with no discomfort anymore, especially useful in wind.

11. When I say frequent, I mean like 3 times or more an hour like some people tend to do. Also, it comes from not just smoking, but using the lighter in general. Just like getting high, it affects people differently. Some people are more prone to getting their fingers ripped than others.

12. do you mean the metal part that touches the flame when lit? how do you take it out just rip it out?

13. Just stick a nail or something into the hole where the flame comes from, then use it to push the little flaps of metal up and pull out the strip of metal that covers the wheel.

14. I take a key or something, wedge it underneath the part poking up out of the flame-hole, and just pry it upwards. From there you can just yank it right off. It tears through the two little prongs kind of holding it down, but those are easily bent back into place.

15. The child safety thingy.

16. I despise that child safety lock.

I play guitar, so most of my fingers are callused in one way or another. My thumb which is what I need to light a lighter with, is already leathery from just holding a pick. It also comes in handy for holding joints, I can get away with some shit that would burn most people.

You know what's even worse though? The other smokers finger; Nicotine buildup on your fingers if you hold your cig a lot.

Anyone who's smoked any amount of Gambler/Top Tobacco knows where I'm coming from ;)

17. thanks guys, reps to everyone who helped

now maybe my gf wont be in so much discomfort when i finger her :p

18. Yeah, I break off the saftey with my switchblade before I use my lighters. :D

19. yea i have that, one night i smoked like three packs i was realy drunk, my thumb was killing me from lighting cigs so much plus it was a bad lighter, i had like pieces of flint stuck in my thumb it fuckin hurt like a bitch

20. my fingers aren't ripped up, but my thumb always smells like weed and has a huge callous on it from capping my bowl with it.

down with the safety!