Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokers Etiquette

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by OrangeSkyz, Aug 30, 2012.

1. The high unpopularity of substance abuse is present in the American public even with substances as un-harmful as marijuana however more dangerous drugs nicotine and alcohol are seen as acceptable but why?

Have you ever as a smoker asked yourself in the eyes of a peer how does you smoking that blunt differ to them in anyway than you hitting a line? Many smokers just like other hard substance abusers, are rude unless high, steal for the substance, and lack basic "Smokers Etiquette". If we are to ever legalize marijuana in the states we have to take the right step and strive to push ourselves away from the common hard drug abusers and by no means am I offending any hard drug abusers here its your choice just like its our choice to smoke.

In my many years iv inducted quite a few people into my smoky circle, but always with guidelines and knowledge, a respectable smoker has Etiquette.

The Smokers Etiquette
    ROTATION is important! Do not complain about your place in rotation, if its your bud hit it first and pass it to the left, if its not your bud then who are you to complain about when you hit it, you get to hit the bowl be happy your included not all of us have the luxury of having bud everyday. Rotation is also highly effective at keeping things in a easy to remember order when were all blitzed whose going to remember some backwards zigzag order?

If you CANT ROLL, LEARN!! I cant stress this enough how many times iv been smoking and my fellow circle members have no idea how to roll a blunt or anything.. I take my rolling as a form of art if I can roll a perfect blunt of someone else's bud, iv done them a service and earned my part in rotation not just tagged along and expected to be part of it for no reason.

MANNERS! MANNERS! MANNERS! just because your blitzed off your ass doesn't give you an excuse to spill your drink on someones carpet, ash on their carpet, or pull some typical asshattery like eating all their food in the house. Use the words please and thank you when asking to hit someone else's bud if your not in rotation, or are unaware if you are allowed to hit their bud.

DON'T BE A MOOCH!!! This is the most important way to ensure you will always be included in rotation, lets say you have a group of four people, if member one supplies bud for day one, then members two, three, or four should supply bud another day. By supplying your own bud within the circle you will not be a mooch and when you have none, your fellow members will assist you as you have assisted them! I'v personally removed people from my smoking circle as they've either never supplied or supply so on a very timid basis, I understand that not everyone has the funds to supply bud all the time but that doesn't mean we need to supply for you if you do nothing in return for us!

CAN YOU GO A WEEK WITHOUT BUD? if no, then you have no etiquette! remember the point of this thread is to make us not seem like hardcore substance abusers! Bud is not addictive!!!!! if you can't go a week without bud then your no better than a someone who cant go a day without shooting up, in the eyes of your peers you look like an addict and abuser!

THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME! There's always a time and place to smoke bud! When your in your circle and you have no places to go or things to do within the next few hours. The smoking community is very diverse and being intoxicated in public will not only make yourself stand out but will make the non-smoking community judge you almost instantly! My point is there's many situations in which you do not need to be intoxicated in and many of us simply get blazed and just don't care about what people think, remember appearances are everything to the public and if you cant stay sober for 30 minutes to go do something in public eventually people will talk, ABOUT YOU!

SMOKE SMART FOR SAKE OF THE COMMUNITY! like I said before there's a place and time to smoke! if you get caught with bud it affects us all, more police, more public community action, more need for drug dogs! remember there's no way to hide the grass when the dogs come so don't travel with your bud and if you must travel lightly!

GROW UP AND GET A PIECE! If your still smoking out of aluminum please please please get a piece! I cant make you understand how bad the affects of aluminum are but in the eyes of a peer you smoking out of a can of Pepsi looks no better than a junkie free basing some rocks! Roll your bud or get some glass for sake of your own life!!!

BUD IS NOT YOUR LIFE! In this thread i'm striving to make you understand that smoking bud is a privilege and a choice. Bud should be important to you like cigarettes to nicotine smokers but remember bud should not affect your grades and life decisions! your life and how it goes is all your choice and you should make the right choice before choosing bud over something else! Quitting bud for a month to make 12$ and hour is the right choice instead of looking for some under-payed fast food job at 7.25$ and hour just because you cant grow up and take a break!

MAKE YOUR OWN CONNECTIONS! Everyone should have their own personal connection! and by connection I mean someone who has bud on them regularly, a connection is not someone who knows someone else to get it from. To ensure you don't get ripped off you need your own connections! A reliable connection! You wouldn't want to be the one entrusted to get the bud and come back money-less and empty handed because you got ripped off! All this leads to is people thinking your some abuser who will get ripped off for some bud because he couldn't wait for his regular guy to re-up or an idiot who let some guy walk off with his cash!

EDUCATE YOURSELF! If someone you know walks up to you and tells you your an idiot and that smoking bud is going to rot your brain and make you into some abusive junkie what are you going to say? are you going to tell them to f-off and get aggressive? NO!! you should rebuttal with knowledge! only an idiot puts a substance inside his body without knowing its affect on themselves! so please know what your doing and how it affects your life and body! Who cares if they believe you at least you leave knowing the person you encountered is an uneducated stereotypical moron.

PASS ON YOUR KNOWLEDGE! Your experiences good or bad pass them on to your friends and the people you introduce to bud! don't leave them struggling if we can smoke with etiquette then maybe one day we can legalize our great bud!

2. I feel like you're yelling at me the entire time with all the CAPS LOCKS and exclamation points.

Idk, I don't like these threads. They're all basically the same, just seems like a lot of rules to always have to go by and remember.

Just relax and smoke. Easy :smoking:

3. I don't get why you can't just sit down, chill out and smoke a joint with your friends. If they have any common sense or aren't total douche bags they'll do most of those rules, anyway. Cool thread, anyway.

4. After years of watching people quarrel over such things, I make a rule when attending any kind of social smoke: Bring your own, smoke your own. Don't be turning up expectin'. If I'm with really close friends I'll normally offer them to roll one of their own from my stash, and seem to get the same thing in return. I think we grew out of sharing joints after college really.

5. Why even bother if you grow?

6. im with you on this one.
    smoke and be happy you can smoke.

most of the stuff OP posted is opinions.

now if DrSheldonCooper posted this list, it would be the law.
    because he is a Dr.

7. Unless you live in a medicinally legalized state, then people shouldn't expect you to be blitzed 24/7. I'm sure even in places where it is medicinally legalized there's is a stereotype between those who are against it and those who are blitzed all day everyday.

8. Who cares what society thinks! As long as you're not being a dick to anyone around you, then do whatever you please with your bud!

9. You two are missing the point of this thread, and caps lock has nothing to do with the tone of my voice, its simply there to highlight the beginning of a new section or the importance I feel is needed to that subject, when you can hear me yelling through a forum I think you've smoked to much for the day.

This thread is simply to inform people there is certain expectations most people have, if we all go about smoking carelessly then that's what we look like a bunch of careless individuals.

10. And that is exactly why bud will never be legalized in the states. If we don't care about what society thinks then why should they care when they throw us in jail for smoking a little bud?

11. Everyday isn't 24/7. You can use at night or when you have pain etc.

You make it sound like your "medical" needs are the same as others. They are not.

All I can see from your post is that you're way uptight to be a stoner.

12. #12 OrangeSkyz, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    If you even read my post, I stated there is a time and place to smoke, I never said anyone particular smoked 24/7 I was referring to the fact that if you lived in a medicinal area you could be blitzed all day, of course nobody can smoke all 24 hours everyday of their life you should be smart enough to know that yourself. I never stated anything about when I smoke how much I smoke or for what reason I smoke. So if you know anything about my needs, then please indulge me on them?

13. I don't "smoke to get blitzed." In fact, except if my eyes are a little red or almond shaped, behaviorally, nobody can tell. And I think this is true for most seasoned smokers. I don't care how strong the stuff is; you can only get so high and if you continue to smoke, you smoke yourself straight again. Am I right on this, fellow potheads?!?

I smoke daily if I have it, several times a day if I have a lot of it, and I'm not working that day. I don't go to work stoned but I will smoke in the morning if I'm not working till afternoon. I am never, ever to the point where my driving is impacted. If I'm not capable of driving to the letter of the law I don't drive, but there's never a time when I'm not capable. Just has never been.

Some might say I'm addicted but I just think it's what's good for me. I feel better overall when I smoke regularly. I sleep better, it helps me get started on dreaded tedious boring tasks like bill paying or yard work. It helps me think things through better when I have a big decision to make or have something big I want to plan out.

As I'm in my 6th decade of life, I think I'm old enough to know what's best for me and I don't need anybody being my nanny.

14. Then obviously you have Etiquette, as I stated there's a time a place, you don't smoke when you have to work or by the time your at work your at a point to where its unnoticeable which is exactly what I'm getting at, many younger people would simply show up to work red eyed smelling of dank and expecting nobody to notice.

15. im missing nothing.
    it is pretty implied the caps begin new paragraphs.

i just dont think there are rules for smoking.
    i smoke as a crutch in my life, meaning it actually helps me.
    i have smoked for far to long for somebody to impose rules.
    im responsible about my smoking.

i dont need somebody telling me i have to pass to the left or i have to do this.
    ill smoke when i want & how i want.

thats all i have to say about that.

16. I never said you HAD to do anything, your taking an overly aggressive stance im not some fed about to break down your door and tell you your going to jail because you passed your blunt to the right, simmer down and listen to what im saying this is for people who have smoked maybe a few times in their life and have very little idea of what their doing. If you say your responsible then why are you even here in my thread you have your own Etiquette you follow.

Seasoned Tokers Been puffin' for a while? This spot is for our truly experienced smokers. If you're a seasoned toker, please share your vast knowledge of the herb and discuss your adventures with Mary Jane in this forum with other seasoned tokers.

17. we got a fun nazi.

18. Well thank you, I am a full German actually. ;)

19. I understand your simply angry because I called you out on being over aggressive and not actually reading my thread or understanding what it was about, I understand I hurt your self - esteem and i apologize, but that's no excuse for your immature slander on my heritage, please don't fill my thread with your insults if this thread has nothing to do with you then leave it, there's plenty more of them for you.