Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokers Cough From Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johnkasey, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Yeah, for real dude, if you have the option, save up and get a vape. After smoking weed for like 4 years, I started coughing up black/green shit every day, just from weed. No cigarettes.. So that was kind of a wake up call to get a vape.. And honestly when you start inhaling only vape for the first while it clears out your lungs so well. Plus it tastes amazing, it's like candy.

2. Are you sure you didn't mix tobacco with the weed smoke or somebody else done it for you?

I had an ass hole friend who used to do it on occasions. He knew I didn't like smoking spliffies and me and him used to get into arguments over it. Sometimes without me knowing he would quickly mix in some tobacco while rolling. Keep an eye out for that.

If not just buy yourself a small pipe. They are easy to hide, portable, and cost quite cheap. A great way to consume your herb while doing less damage to your lungs while saving up for a vape or a bong.

3. Me, too. That's what makes me wonder which is the problem. I have smoked weed on and off for more than 45 years and only started seriously coughing for the past 10 years. I usually take a break when my supply source is out of town and that's when my coughing really kicks in. I cough less when I am smoking than when I am not. Of course, my doctors can't figure out why the drugs don't help. And I am not about to tell them I smoke weed. I just read an article that scared the shit out of me: http://www.ukcia.org/research/EffectsOfMarijuanaOnLungAndImmuneDefenses.php. Check it out if you are curious.

4. Link doesn't work :/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #25 ConcernedNewfie, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
    I waited till I finished my military career to smoke, just weeks ago I bought a bong, within 3 weeks of using it almost exclusively I was sick as a dog. Weezing in my sleep, coughing so bad that my stomach hurt like i was doing crunches.

I blame that 2/3rds on the bong and 1/3rd on letting the gym slide once it was freezing outside.

I guess if you say a bong is the way to go, i can only see that applying to the young cause in my late 40s, that bong shut me down in no more then 3 weeks of steady use. Hell the bong made it so bad I couldnt even hold in vapor from my Extreme Q.

Once im back to normal might use the bong but it will be a once a week thing at most.

Actually going to make a 1/2 into edible oils, but my experience is at least 200% to as much as 400% more weed use a day with edibles, something I only do as treats. Though Ive gotten equally wreaked off the after-vape if I save up for a few month etc.

I could be possible smoking weed or otherwise for a estimated 70+ hours a week might be excessive too haha.

6. Met a guy in Goa who was 62 and said he did hash all his life, was coughing like seriously!!! When I asked, he was so cool and normal about it. I guess it's normal, if you smoke you cough!

7. Technically when you stop smoking and begin coughing alot it just means the tiny hairs called ciala or something like that are beginnng to become active and recover its normal and a good sign you'e healing. If you start coughing up blood though that' a sign that you need to get to your doctors asap...

8. OP is 8 years old

9. Usually the coughing stops within one month. If it lasts any longer than this, it’s time to see a doctor. Unfortunately, smokers are often diagnosed with lung cancer when they quit — because smoking had masked the symptoms and once the smoking stopped, the symptoms cause the person to see a doctor.