Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smokers cough from weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jsalty, Apr 25, 2017.

1. I've been smoking fairly consistently since January. As of late, I've been smoking 3 or 4 times a week. I generally use a pipe, but lately have been smoking joints a bit more (still, I don't smoke that many joints). For almost two weeks now, I've had a horrible smokers cough. I haven't smoked a cigarette in my life, but I have this awful hacking cough throughout the day. It's even started to wake me up at night. Like I'll wake up at 4AM and start coughing uncontrollably.

I know people can get smokers cough from weed, but would it be this bad? Is it probably from the weed, or something else? I've smoked only twice in the past 2 weeks, but my reduction in smoking hasn't done anything to help. In terms of symptoms often associated with a bad cough... I don't have a sore throat, but sometimes I'll loose my voice.

2. do u smoke blunts

3. Nah, just use a pipe and smoke joints.

4. Like little pussies. My ex roomate would just cough her ass off and the worst part is she'd come home from work at 3am smoke a bowl and wake my ass up lol

My other friend who smokes cigs coughs like a bitch. I'm sure theres tobacco smokers with iron longs somewhere probably only Satan himself though

5. I never even cough bad when I smoke though lol. I generally ain't a cougher, so this is real weird for me.

6. Try some peppermint oil on your neck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is this a joke? I can't possibly fathom how that might help.

Also idk op it could just be allergies and maybe it's a little bit to do with the weed too but probably a combination of allergies and weed and who knows maybe you're just sick. Either way it's just coughing I wouldn't worry since you're not smoking tobacco.

8. No joke. Could help regardless if you are able to fathom it or not(here's a joke).

9. try edibles or a vape

10. It must be just you then, OP. Not all bodies were born the same and maybe you just have bitch lungs because that's the way you were made? More internet remedies include: trolling, rick rolling, and holding your hit in like a man so you learn how to breathe like a champion instead of a whoopee cushion. 'MURICA!

11. Most informative response yet, thanks! How about if I wear only an American flag and chant "USA USA!!!" periodically throughout the day? think that'll help?

• Like Like x 1
  12. That is undoubtedly the correct way to handle your bitch lung predicaments. Don't forget to hail Walt Disney as you contemplate the hidden meanings of his films while stoned like a rock made for a Chevrolet commercial.

• Like Like x 1
  13. how would that help though lol

14. Try smoking from a bong and or a vape. The bong cools down the smoke and gets rid or lots of impurities. By vaping the weed is also healthier, because the weed don't not combust there for your not really enhaling that much plant matter at all .as well as this many people talk about cleansing methods you can use. I would give these thing ago and do some research, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Get a doc to check it out, could be a cold, bronchitis, allergies, something along those lines. Doc will be able to help more than us

• Like Like x 1
  16. Inhaling smoke isn't safe

17. A smokers cough and you've only been toking for a few months?
    You might need to see a doctor. Sounds like a underlying issue to have checked out.

• Like Like x 1