Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoked yesterday - first time effects (terrible) - Depersonalization.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Darkest, Feb 6, 2011.

1. I felt the same way after new years for about 2 to 3 weeks where your just going through the motions and I also thought I had depersonalization disorder it will pass but it might take a while just try and do your best to reassure yourself it will go away

2. Thanks much ^

It just came back yesterday and today, not as bad but for some reason it randomly lasted all day yesterday and today so far! Friday was almost completely gone!

3. Almost two weeks after I smoked...and I'm finally back to normal every day now :) .

4. Don't dwell on it, If you think about it everyday you WON'T Get better. I went through months of hell and anxiety before. IT ALL IN YOUR HEAD, literally by not thinking or worrying it gets better. By thinking about it YOU WILL MAKE IT WORSE, take some Fish Oil and SAM-E supplements. Anxiety will take over if you let it, the best thing to do is relax.

5. [​IMG]

6. Alright thanks, I totally know what you mean! Like I've forgotten about it, and anytime I think about it, I just stop myself and it goes away! I've been perfect since :D

Crazy how your mind does that though, because the immediate days I was just SO out there!

7. Do you mean like your lagging? Like you feel like your still sitting down when you are really halfway across the room? This used to happen to me and it was freaking weird! I just called it brain lag.

8. You just got super fucking high bro. Thats what weed does to you. I remember my first time I'll never forget it, time slowed down and I was thrown into a dream and forgot everything existed. If only I could get that high again...

You had no tolerance and smoked a shitload. When you first start smoking, weed is really dreamy.

I think its all in your head. Just dont think about it, a lot of depersonalization comes from over analyzing things. Another thing to think about, you can function fine and go thoughout your day perfectly fine still right? Well, imagine if you were actually high going throughout your day, I think with your inexperience, you'd have quite the difficulty. See, nothing to freak out about...

I think you should try smoking again....BUT take ONE hit. Wait 10-15 minutes and if you want another hit, take another. You have absolutely NO tolerance, I think if you smoke a just little bit you will enjoy it. :smoke:

9. i think that sweet green induces multipersonality disorder more than anything. :eek:

10. This is the best thing I've ever read.

11. Drat it, the kids get to have all the fun.:(

12. You shouldn't quit.

You sound like me (and everyone else I know who didn't or does smoke less, than they get high, and it 'isn't for them').

At first, weed is powerful. When I first got really really blazed, I ran down a hill that goes down and up for about 10 minutes, and I ran it, and I loved it, and it really was an effect that I can't familiarize with now, but I can remember how intense it was at first. The feeling you describe as, mind dissociated from body is silly, it's just feeling high, and if you did take 6 rips with no tolerance, then I'm surprised you didn't end up throwing up or something. Though I have a wicked tolerance, (takes 2-3 huge bong hits to feel high, with a bit of laughter and a bit of tripping), I've taken up to 6 bong hits lately of some real dank stuff and ended up lying down to pass the high as it was unenjoyable and too much, so it really does vary on how much, and what you smoke.

I experience depersonalization, and I've read into it quite a bit. I've been experiencing it since acid use, but a night of getting REALLY high, causes me to feel DP 10x more so the next day, especially for a few hours after waking.

13. So a little update, I'm abot 99.9% back to normal, sometimes my mind kind of wanders and such, but I'm doing awesome the past week! It's just over 3 weeks since I did it, and it's finally completely gone I'd say!

But I do have a little issue with what everybody said, that I just got way too high.

So I tried to smoke again, last Thursday.

This time, I had two hits from a one-hitter ciggarette type thing, nothing major.

About a half hour went by, and then I randomly got into our car and time just slllowwweeedddd down for me, and everything felt really weird, and I just thought "Why did I do this again!".

Now don't say it's just my own anxiety, because I was fine after I smoked, just chilling and stuff, then it just randomly came on! I did get a little freaked out so my head got hot, but it just lasted a couple hours, kinda eerie mood, where people would say something then afterward I would be like "...did they just really say something?"

So even though I did such a minicule amount, it still wasn't fun, and it was weird/displeasure...lucily the depersonalization didn't occur the days after or anything!

Really curious why I experienced that though, because I was willing to give it a second try, but as of now, it just is not meant for me lol.

14. like everyone else said you smoked to much and you cant handle your high yet

15. You were soooooo high brah!!!!! Treasure that moment though, cause I want to be that high again.

16. I obviously get the fact that I got way too high the first time, I'm just kind of curious why when I did it again, one/two hits from a joint, it still brought back similar feelings!

17. this is normal, youl be fine and its only temporary, once you get some tolerance and get used to it youl be fine, also only smoke a small bit and chill, then a lil more if you feel up to it.

18. Dude you just need to chilllll. It is ALL mental, and it IS anxiety, I know because I have anxiety pretty bad. If you smoke and go into thinking " I wonder if it's gonna happen this time?" Then it will happen without a doubt. If you just smoke with a good friend and fuck around, keep busy, AND DON'T think about you'll be straight.

19. No, because I literally was just chilling listening to music for like a half hour, because I was convinced I'd be fine, I wasn't even thinking about it, then I just randomly slipped into a weird mood again, out of my control! I was in a good mood, and even remained in a good mood, but unless my brain does it on my own subconsciously, because I know for a fact I didn't create it, as I was completely fine and having fun then out of nowhere it came!

20. Ive only smoked about 4 - 5 times, and being pretty new to this whole new amazing adventure I have realised that I have not yet had this "disassociativeness" happen to me yet. Is this effect pretty common to new smokers? or is it just a here and there happening?

Yes, I will admit I pretty much went through highschool thinking weed was bad...then I decided to watch a few docus....now I cant help myself....