Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoked my first time! and then..i though i was gonna die...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rayasunshine, Oct 10, 2009.

1. ok so ill tell you the story. ive never smoked before this lol...

so anyway i finally found a seller after a few weeks of looking and i bought a quad. came to 40 bucks, the guy was really cool weighed it out for me and gave me his num for next time.
    so that night i pick up my girlfriend and we go to a lake and sit on the dock and she shows me how to smoke and we smoke together for about 3 hours. it was my first time and she hasnt smoked for about a year. we had an amaaaaazing time. for my first time i loved it and was seeing crazy shit and we were loving it. then we had a crazy time together. altogether a phenomenal night that lasted till like 6am lol. she was laughing at the things i was saying
    anywhoo my first time smoking turned out to be a success and i loved it! (which i owe a lot to you guys here for all the help ive read on here)

so.... i smoked a few more times alone just to get high and chill. last night i smoked i think 2 bowls. then i got this crazy ass idea to start inhaling it through my nose and i was taking that stuff deeeep. well i got fucccccked up. no lie i seriously thought i was gonna die. i had that feeling where i was gonn pass out and i hid my weed and my pipe and i was just tripping balls. so i laid down in bed and passed out..slept for like 12 hours.. today i smoked again at the beach while i was chillin on my day off, and after another 2 bowls i seriously felt like shiiiiit. like i really hated the past two highs ive had.

so do you have any ideas? maybe im doing someting wrong? or am i just geting way too high? i was thinking maybe im doing too much,,or maybe i got some crap weed.. im not too sure. my girl isnt really a pro at it either she has only just smoked with friends.

thanks for the help. i want more highs like the first time. the rest of the times ive had smoking i dont like it. but im not doing much different....

2. Well, there are probably different factors involved. You are probably smoking too much (two bowls is quite a bit for a novice), first of all. Just take a couple of hits at a time; if after 5-15 minutes you are having a good time, but still want to get higher, take another couple of hits. (Pack small bowls or one-hitters if needed.) That way, you can control how high you get. It is important to be in control, and, almost as importantly, to feel in control of how high you get. Remember, you are in control of how high you get! That feeling of control can reduce the anxiety of, "what's going to happen to me?"

Secondly, your high depends on the your mental state at the time, and the setting you smoke in (usually called "set and setting"). If you feel any negative emotions when you smoke, you are more likely to have a bad time. Try to smoke only when you are feeling good about life, in a situation where you feel absolutely comfortable (no worries about getting busted etc), for the next few times you smoke. You'll definitely have a better time, and it will establish a connection psychologically between smoking and feeling good.

Remember, smoking weed is something that people have enjoyed for thousands of years. The important part is doing it in the right situation and the right mindset. You still have a lot to discover about weed - enjoy it, be responsible, and remember that you bring as much to the high as the weed does!

• Like Like x 1

3. This is all good advice^
    I would say that you[op] should take a few decent sized hits, wiat atleast 20 minutes and see how you feel, and go from there. Never hold in a hit for more then 5 seconds, ever. Stay hydrated and fed. its all about the setting really. Have some fun things to do so you can just relax and do what you like. If you are paranoid, that will also make you high a bad one, so stay in control. Always be prepared to smoke, and have everything you need nearby. :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  4. wow good advice. looks like im smoking wayy too much. i am doing maybe 15-20 hits in a half hour lol. good to know. i guess that many was ok over a period of a few hours. but yeah im trying to establish my tolerance just like with alcohol lol. well right now im with my connect bout to pick up some 'dro' lol.

5. 15-20 hits over a few hours. Is still a lot for someone with absolutly no tolerence. The more you smoke and the less time between sessions, the faster your tolerence will rise. Just pace your self until you can eye out the right amount you need to smoke to get to where you want.

6. the first time i got _really_ blazed i thought i was going to die. ran around the house collecting cordless phones, went outside, laid down on the deck, so it'd be easier to extract my body should i call 911, thought my heart rate was like 400 bpm, etc >.<

it's entirely in your head. maybe if the world didn't put so much effort into convincing us that illegal drugs will ruin our lives/kill us, we wouldn't have these experiences.

7. That's as far as I got...that's paradise man!

But really like the guys before said, you prolly smoked too much. 2 bowls is quite a lot, especially if it's your 2nd-3rd time.

8. Nice first time. lol you are just smoking to much, and also eat something before and during the high, blood sugar levels lower when you are high and that can make you feel crappy. 2 bowls is LOTS for some one new. You can probably smoke half a bowl and feel great. Smoking more will just make you disorientated and stuff.

9. this is all some good advice.
    another thing you can do is get lower quality buds (if available)
    then you wont have to spend as much, and you can get better stuff as you get used to it.

10. ive smoked schwag/mids infrequently for the past 2 years and still sometimes dont finish a bowl.. 2 bowls is way too much no matter the quality of bud

11. interesting. well thanks guys.. i understand a lot more now. i though i was doing some crappy bud or something.
    anyway last night i met my connect and we ended up just chillin and smoked a hookah, he had some stuff and we split one bowl on the hookah and wow!!! that did me in good. after that both of us were feelin pretty good. so i think im getting it lol

12. oh man it definitely was. we had a phenomenal time, we were out there from like 2-5am and it was just so peaceful and quiet. we were lovin it! and each other... haha

13. Good times, my dude! I always used to toke two bowls to get my desired high, no matter how noob my tolerance was.. I've always been a heavyweight with weed, sadly.. but it would always take me a long time to get through those two bowls, and usually I'd have a friend with me.. believe me, your lungs and your high will be a lot better if you have someone sharin' the toke.
    for experienced smokers who wanna save their weed its kinda the opposite, but I always love smoking people up.
    Get high with your girl again!

14. #14 daviji, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
    Start with one-hitters and do them gradually; it seems you're smoking too much too fast for a novice.