Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoked my first homemade Joint

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JefeGrande, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Rolled it earlier today as an incentive to get a school project done. Not too bad. I made it pretty small but I am pretty happy with how it came out.
    I would post a pic but it went up in smoke before I took some....

One question I have is after about half the J was smoked it went out and couldn't stay lit unless you hit it with the flame on the joint to keep it lit.... Any ideas why this happened? I rolled a small lil roach but i don't think it got clogged... The only thing I can think is I got some stem and it didn't pack well and it wsan't getting the airflow...

Oh and Sour Diesel= the best head high shit EVAR!

one tip i found helpfull for rolling was once you make the cut in the paper(fold it in half) make another cut with about 1 mm of paper on the fold. Once the weed is packed, and you are trying to tuck the edge in to start the roll it helps to get it stuffed in and get the other end of the paper gets over it.... I love joints and how easy it is to smoke them around town!

2. maybe there was a little gap where it was somehow just paper, so it didnt actually burn the weed? idk...

but more importantly, congrats! im still trying to get rolling down to where i can make great ones without any tools. right now i manage to roll a loose cone somehow, and use an allen wrench and a pen to pack it down and add more until i have a super tight packed cone with a crutch :D

also, do you smoke, or mind tobacco? i've been rolling spliffs a lot lately, and i like them quite a bit. not as smelly when im walking around where the 5-0 might be. AND it conserves weed, which is always a plus.

but anyways, congrats on your first j! and i wanna try some of that sour diesel!!!!

3. WTF? You added stems to your J? And how well did you grind the bud?

Also you say you had to keep relighting but than you say it's easy to smoke around town....contradiction?

4. Obviously I didn't mean to put stems in. But one may have slipped in. I don't have a grinder so it was hand ground... Could that have been the problem? To big of chunks of weed?

And I live in a small town and we were smoking in the car as we were rolling so relighting wan't a problem.... Even though they are sneak I'm still not brave enough to smoke in the actual public. What I meant by easy to smoke in the public I meant that it is easier to go and smoke and not have a stinky piece to carry around afterwards...
    Next time I will grind the weed a bit better.
    Thanks

5. The big chunks of weed can really kill your burn so that might be it. Especially because depending on how you roll it can accumulate in the middle of the J.

6. Yea if its not fine enough it wont hold a good cherry. Next time make it really really fine and when your done rolling it, tap the roach against a hard surface to pack it down. Some people dont like this saying it doesnt hit hard, but really? Its a joint, if you want hard hits get a piece, smoking a joint should be smooth, relaxed, more about the hobby than the high. Atleast thats how i feel :smoke:

7. get a grinder

8. Yeah that could have been it. From your OP I thought you had just thrown a ground stem in or something. Grinding really helps, once you get the method down a good joint is a thing of beauty.

9. what kind of papers did you use?

10. I used zig zag originals

11. I grind for pipes and joints, blunts is the only time I handpick.

12. next time add some tulips too bro