Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoked Many Times, Still Not Getting High!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 808fourtwenty, May 29, 2011.

1. :mad: I have smoked marijuana 10+ times and have not been getting the results I expect. :confused:

I have, however, been high before. On my sixth attempt to get high, I ate a hash brownie which really got me baked. It settled in after about an hour and lasted for about 3 hours. Also, after my 8 or 9th attempt to toke, I used a lightbulb vape, took one hit, and was gone for hours. During this experience, I was in a lightly chambered bathroom (two joints floating around, 150 sq. foot room). I don't believe the chamber was that helpful. I have continued to smoke since these successful attempts but did not get high after. :confused:

Please read the whole post so we don't end up going through the same BS as other similar threads.

Here is a fairly accurate list of my attempts (I put the locations to help me remember and keep track):

1. Sandy Beach in Hawaii (a town of stoners- I go here often with my friends to smoke and surf)
    Ate a poorly made firecracker before getting on the 45 minute bus ride. I smoked a few bowls of decent weed to no avail. Understandable for it being my first time.:rolleyes:

2. At Friend's House
    This kid lives in a very wealthy area so we had to be discreet (dryer sheet tube, coughing into towels, etc...). We smoked about a dime, split between the two of us. I claimed to be feeling it in my hands at the time, but after my successful experiences, I know I was full of shit. I assumed it was shitty weed.​

3. Sandy Beach, again...
    Took several hits throughout the day, probably got about a dimebag worth of smoke (about a fourth split between 4-5 kids) ​

4. Same Friend's House
    At this point I was very frustrated. I brought another pot-virgin friend along to see if I was not alone. I believe he got slightly high, for his first time. Throughout that night I shared 1.5 grams with three guys. Said the same bullshit about my arms, though it was probably psychosymatic, or whatever the word is. After this I read several threads but discovered most people got high after 3-5 attempts. I was very sad. :(

5. Party/Chill-sesh after School in a Nearby House
    This day, my friend and I hit-up a house of a friend of a friend's. We are freshmen in high school at these kids were college students, so it was a strange environment to us. I smoked a cigarette and took a bong rip. I had purchased some DMT, which turned out toe be fake when we tried to smoke it. A parent caught us, but was pretty chill and just told us to leave. We drove away with a friend, from who I proceeded to buy a hash cookie. he drove us for about 20 minutes to a mall. I should mention, this car was slightly chambered, as well. I FELT NOTHING.:mad:

6. Sandy Beach - SUCCESSFUL!
    This day was a big picnic/beach day for me and my friends. I was in charge of cooking hot dogs and what-not. I was so fed-up with weed and shit, that I ate the cookie I bought earlier (mentioned at beginning of post) first thing in the morning, expecting nothing to happen. I was surprised when I got extremely high an hour later. I rolled around, listening to dupstep and Collie Buddz. I also messed around with a friend-girl of mind. I was feeling great.:smoke:

7. University of Hawaii Campus
    Kids go here all the time to smoke after school. I took a few hits from small glass pipe. Felt absolutely nothing.​

8-10. Sandy Beach and Friend's House - SUCCESSFUL! :hello:
    It was the last day of school. Great atmosphere around town, my friend purchased all our weed that day in celebration. I smoked about a dime in joints and pipes at the beach over a period of two hours. We headed back to my friend's house, getting ready for a sick night. At about 10, his parents went to sleep and we started getting ready. My friend rolled two 1 gram joints. Three kids started to chamber the large bathroom (mentioned at beginning). I took one huge rip of extremely dank shit from my boy's lightbulb vape. I was gone in 10 minutes. I felt amazing. It lasted for several hours and I ended passing out before it even peaked. At this point I was ecstatic :p. I figured I could probably get high from joints now, and not just edibles. I woke up the next morning excited for the rest of my life.​

11. Residential Area
    After a hilarious and disastrous hunt (a story which I may post elsewhere) for weed, papers, and a lighter over a two hour period, my friend and I were ready to burn. We walked through a residential area with one, well-rolled, dime-sized joint. I took about a third of the joint, my friend smoked the rest, throughout the day. I felt nothing - very confused. This was ridiculous. :eek:

12. Sandy Beach, the day I am writing this post...
    In the mid-afternoon, we arrived at the beach, and I was ready to close this case. My friend brought 2 grams of his dankest stuff. It had fucking purple spots and shiny silver leaves. I was stoked. I smoked a moderately sized joint by myself, and several bowls. I waited 45 minutes, but nothing happened. I went back into town and ate a large meal at McDonalds. I figured it may have been munchies, because I ate earlier.​

About four-five hours after smoking at the beach, I am at home writing this post. I feel a little out of it, but it doesn't compare to my other two successful toking experiences.​

Potential Explanations

1. Not Inhaling Correctly
    I tell you now I am fucking doing it right. I've read detailed tutorials on inhaling and I have followed them precisely. I've smoked bowls, joints, blunts and vapes. All my friends I agree I am doing it right. I inhale, use the carb, and take in a little air, afterwards. I've even ghosted hits before. I'M DOING IT FUCKING RIGHT!!

2. Bad Weed
    I live on a Oahu. The weed I smoke is, undoubtedly, good stuff. My friends get baked on it often, and I did, once. I've tried all sorts of stuff and I can tell you a lot of it is amazing bud.​

3. Broken Receptors
    We'll, I've gotten high twice. My receptors must work. It is plausible, however, that they are uncooperative little bitches.​

4. Subconscious Block
    If these sorts of problems do exist, I don't think I have one. I've gotten high before, and have absolutely no problem with smoking. My parents are pretty chill and wouldn't be too angry if they found out. I can't think of any reason I wouldn't want to get high.​

If there is anything you wonderful stoners can recommend, please let me know. I am thanking the web in advanced for its help. I know there is a solution, and you guys might have it. :)

Thanks,
    808fourtwenty

P.S. - I will try that mango thing soon...

2. it sounds like you arent smoking enough to be honest i had this same problem when i started it took me six or seven times just increase the amount you smoke and dont stop smoking until you feel it hit you

3. All I see is "dime" and "poorly made firecracker".

Buy an eighth and smoke that to your dome. Then tell us you cant get high.

4. Have you tried inhaling??

5. I didn't get high till my 7th time, and by then I probably smoked 4g through 3 months. Keep trying.

6. A lack of omega 3 fatty acids weaken the canabinoid receptors in the brain.. How is your diet? It is very possible they are undernourished

7. #7 BloodLust, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You know what would make your post helpful rather than being a cliffhanger?

State the foods needed.

Alas I have

... I'm on my iPhone so I can't edit in my pic so I have to post it.

8. Here!:)

Attached Files:

9. Start coughin

10. Omega 3 fish oil. It's good for the mind, and the soul.

11. #11 TrueNirvana, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Mmm Skrimps

12. buy a twan, smoke all of it by yourself either in a blunt or out of a bong.

If you don't get high than your shit out of luck

or your in slightly stoopid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIu1goYDLtY]I Couldn't Get High- Slightly Stoopid - YouTube[/ame]

13. This should fix your problem, and make you much healthier

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Barleans-Organic-Oils-16-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B002VLZ8BW/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1310132304&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Barlean's Organic Oils Omega Swirl Fish Oil, Lemon Zest, 16-Ounce Bottle: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

14. thanks guys took a shit load of flax seed plus a fourth before i got it too kick. now all is well, wherever, whenever

15. keep tokin dude youll get it

16. had the same thing 45 years ago

17. Same thing happened to me. My friends told me it'd only it'd only take 1 or 2 times but it actually took me around 10 times. I started to lose faith in smoking and I was thinking "wtf is the point of this?" Then when I finally got high and it was the best thing ever.