Smoked last night with the flu...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by HiGhRiTeNoW, Dec 29, 2013.

1. I am almost certain I have the flu. Thursday: onset of flu symptoms; literally stayed in bed all night.Friday: symptoms heightened; literally stayed in bed all day and night.Saturday: felt much much better; stayed in bed all day until 8pm...smoked two joints.After I smoked the two joints, I stopped feeling aches and pain but I started coughing up a more phlegm, which is weird because smoke paralyzes the cilia lining the trachea, thus hindering upward removal of phlegm. Regardless, I felt so good when high...didn't even feel like I had the flu symptoms anymore. My question is: should I smoke again tonight to help with the aches and pains? Have any of you ever done this before with the flu?Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would vape smoking will make it worest even if you feel better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah man I'm a proud owner of a Da vinci vape and I always drag on that thing real slow if I'm feeling under the weather. Helps with the sick feeling and also will help you fall back asleep so you can sleep it off easier.

4. I don't smoke very much when I'm sick, if so just the beginning of a bowl haha. Of course you're gonna cough more after smoking while sick, it irritates your throat and lungs man lol. Smoke if you feel like it. Hell I'm sure just a bowl would help ya feel a little better.

5. When im sick, smoking is the hard part. I enjoy the high, it makes me feel better. But actually inhaling the smoke can be pretty harsh.Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. ^ Yeah what he said. I can smoke when I'm sick but it's hard since the smoke is really harsh. I can't take those big fat ass hits like I usually do. But after 1 bowl I feel goooood. It helps me rest and it calms down my body and make the symptoms kind of go away. I'm currently sick now and have this stupid virus. Man I hate being sick

7. I have smoked when I'm sick. It has never made me feel any worse. If anything it helps me eat a bit of food.

8. that's the best high imo. i usually smoke a bit less when i'm sick but get very stoned :hippie:

9. your body has an amazing tendency to regulate how much you can consume depending on how you feel...

take it easy and don't over do it. 

10. If anyone is considering smoke/vape during the early days of a flu infection, I would advise against it. This is my experience:

One recent day, when I did not feel sick in any way, I vaped grass. An hour later I was lying down, and within a 5-minute period I felt very cold; I was soon shivering and my teeth were chattering. My jaw muscles were so tense that I inserted a bite guard. My head started having painful throbs, my nose started running, and I began sneezing. After another hour, the shivering and teeth chattering stopped but I still felt very cold. That night I had chills and fever, sweating profusely. The worst was over in 24 hours, with fever peaking around 103, but I still had to wait for the flu to run its course over the next week, and I didn't use grass during that time.

I know from past experience that grass lowers my body temperature. If the flu (or any other illness) gives you chills-and-fever, then grass can intensify the chills to a very unpleasant level.

11. I would vape or edible... There are cannabinoid receptors that act on the immune system.

Relief of aches and pains is an extra benefit.