Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"...Smoked himself straight.."

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by delta9C21H30O2, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Why would I not come for a conversation involving the homosexuality of another....

I smoke 2 blunts a day, after awhile that gets old.
    So I go back to bowls and feel what a bong kickin you in the chest is like again..for like 2 days.

Got to keep it fresh man.

2. I know plenty of people who smoke ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. some of them smoke 5+ grams a day, dank only.

And they dont get stoned at all.

But if they quit smoking, even when they dont feel a thing, they go crazy.. and I mean really crazy

Btw, dont know who this said, but everyone who is has a fucked up tolerance wouldn't be ''proud'' of it.. you can pretend to be proud.. but in the end we think it all sucks that you can't a normal high without smoking a ridiculus amount of weed.

Take t-breaks, smoke hash while you do that.. now i take 1 week tbreak a month, altough I smoke hash that week lol :p

3. Stop smoking schwag?

4. I went to the Poconos last weekend and smoked around 5-8 joints a day and on the third day after hiking (3 J's) went out onto the patio to smoke a bowl and after I finished it I wasnt high.

That was the first instince I smoked myself straight.

5. You really don't even need to wait that long if you just stop smoking and run and try to cleanse your system you'll be good in couple of days

6. Agreed. If you hit the bong enough theres no way you can't be high. BUT our brains make connections, these connections control how we perceive reality. If you route your brain with only "high" connections, the effect of cannabis will be diminished. This means take a T-break and re-route your brain to "sober" connections, then smoke, and be high. :cool::hello:

edit: dam every post i make tonight is on the top of the 3rd page wtf

7. #47 delta9C21H30O2, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009

First of all, taking a drug for a long time doesn't in any way qualify your judgement of MY tolerance to the same drug. Furthermore, ten years of smoking provides absolutely no weight to add to your argument because marijuana tolerance only requires a fraction of that time to restore itself. (I could be smoking for only five years and still have a higher tolerance if my daily THC intake exceeded yours for a couple months.)
    My 'smoking friend' used to also drink when we partied at my house because he couldn't get high: Even after a couple bowls of some quite exceptional bud, he said he just felt "relaxed". After about 3 months of regular smoking, he started getting high and his tolerance is now normal. Of course I have no idea why that happened to him but the point of the story is that your wrong and NO, not EVERYONE will get high off ten bong hits.
    In the famous N.I.M.H. lab rat study, rats' tolerances to marijuana were observed. These rats were given doses of THC that were 10mg per kg of body weight. The observations showed that the rats' tolerance adjusted to this THC intake, they were observed to be clearly more functional than they were following the initial dose. This dose, in a 165 pound human would be equivalent to 670 bong hits. (Jon Gettman."Marijuana & The Brain, Part II: The Tolerance Factor", High Times. July, 1995) It is clearly possible, with enough THC intake, to be resilient to more than ten bong packs. And unless you think our brains are inferior to rats, our cannabinoid receptors have the capability of resisting 670 bong hits. Yes, practically, you can always get high, because you don't smoke enough weed to push your tolerance to a point that is impossible to overcome. But with a static budget, a static marijuana quality, and a static intake (amount and frequency) that are (by choice) unchangeable, I have used marijuana regularly enough with such a quantity that I have raised my tolerance above a preferable level. As a result, I must take a break. I don't see how I didn't smoke myself straight. Was it not a direct result of the amount and frequency of the weed I smoked that cornered me into this position of sobriety? It was. The rat experiment shows that even after doses equivalent to 670 bong packs, the rats' brains adapted to the "chemical imbalance of THC" as we can now call it.

"The conclusions of the researchers: "It would seem paradoxical that animals receiving the highest doses of cannabinoids would show the greatest and fastest return to normal levels [of behavior]; however, the receptor down-regulation in these animals was so profound that the behavioral correlate may be due to the great loss of functional binding sites." In other words, when the rats had had "enough," their receptors simply switched off."

-Jon Gettman, High Times 1995

If it were true that smoking yourself straight was impossible, it would have to be true that tolerance would never be an issue. Because the impossibility of smoking yourself into sobriety suggests that there will always be more weed or better weed (stated simply, more THC than before.) I don't think you understand that if you smoked marijuana continuously every minute of the day, which some people do, your tolerance would eventually catch up with you. With no time for your tolerance to regenerate itself, it would catch up. You people are blind to these obvious concepts. The chemistry of THC tolerance in the brain is not a matter of addiction, its an equilibrium. Since your body actually has the necessary engineering to process THC and cannabinoids are naturally existent in the body, tolerance should be viewed as your body's ability to regulate THC levels to reduce symptoms such as dizzyness, rapid heart-rate, and general "highness" that have negative effects on survival. Yet, the existence of THC tolerance has purpose. The human body is a plethora of self regulating systems, as a result of natural occurrence and necessity: to maintain functionality or sobriety.
    Smoking until you are permanently sober is obviously unrealistic. You would be stoned or stupid to think I would actually use a literal or definitive title to my thread if you knew me because I am a writer, and I saw it most reasonable to assign this thread a title that is phrase-like and controversial as to attract interest. At no point did I say it was impossible to get me or anyone high.
    Your misunderstanding of my statement arises from the fact that you don't know how frequent I smoke and how frequent I expect to be smoking on a day-to-day basis. I say this, not to express the quantity of marijuana I consume, but the frequency of my smoking. Provided the circumstances of my tolerance and the expectation of continuing the same habits, it would not have been economically realistic for me to smoke as often; And it's not because I couldn't afford to get high, I couldn't afford to keep smoking enough to get high every time. I am uncomfortable describing my current living status, but I'll tell you that it is one which runs on a tight budget and it apparently has allowed for smoking sessions frequent enough to eventually raise my tolerance to an unfavorable level. My frustration, along with this thread, has arisen from a tolerance that has surpassed my stiff budget and a way of living (daily schedule) that rests its fundamental structure solely on the consumption of marijuana. It is this frustration and boredom of sobriety that compels me to start pointless threads like this, using way too much of my time explaining complex things to simple people.

A Marijuanical Analyst has spoken.