Smoked/Grilled meats and fish

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TimJ, Sep 24, 2019.

1. My dads in to smoking thing a lot. My moms favorite is ICE. Then refreeze the ice and make cocktails with it. As the ice cube melts its gives off a smoky flavor.

How to Smoke Ice for Cocktails (traegergrills.com)[/QUOTE]
    Very cool KillaNuggetsWF.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Damn that's next level right there lol. Never even thought of trying to smoke ice for anything.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hard to say you smoke ice to people and not have them think something else though lol

A infused smoked ice cube so you can get stoned on you cocktail at the same time!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. #84 TimJ, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    My first time smoking baby back ribs. After seeing the beautiful example @3Deez made. He inspired me. They were on sale at around $10.00 per rack. So I got two. I'm so happy I did as they turned out perfect. Best ribs I can ever remember eating. I made a southwestern dry rub and applied it last night. I smoked them with 50/50 Hickory/Cherry wood for around 4 hours at 225 degrees. Then wrapped and sealed in a roaster pan that was then wrapped with a towel. Here's a half rack minus the two ribs I already ate. 20210610_201715.jpg 20210610_202053.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'll post the recipe for the dry rub if anyone is interested. Got it from the site heygrillhey. I just doubled it and added the chipotle chile pepper for some added heat.

1/2 cup brown sugar
    4 tsp. kosher salt
    4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
    4 tsp. paprika
    2 tsp. garlic powder
    2 tsp. onion powder
    2 tsp. ground mustard
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. celery salt
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp. chipotle chile pepper

• Like Like x 3
  6. TimJ, excuse my french but those ribs look fuking delicious!!! You nailed em! And to be honest I'm a lil jealous cause I know my bark is not anywhere near as nice yours came out. You got those right on.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thank you my friend. That means alot coming from you. I'd admired your posts for a while now. Always learning new things from this site and knowledgeable folks like you.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Candied bacon. I used a griddle across my grill for the slices. Even got to scrape some of the extra caramelized sugar.
    IMG_20210613_102102.jpg IMG_20210613_104234~2.jpg IMG_20210613_111154.jpg IMG_20210613_111136.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Looks delicious 3Deez. I had candied bacon for my first time yesterday. My son in law made it in his smoker. It was something I could eat at every meal. He made his with brown sugar too. Blueberry pancakes look good too. Whats the other thing in the picture? Egg sandwich?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thanks! Came out pretty good. We also had some leftover finger sandwiches that we put the bacon on. With all the salt and sugar, the bacon definitely won't make any list of healthy foods but it sure is good!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Smoked some sweet-n-spicy shrimp for lunch. I used apple wood for these. 20210618_151822.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yummy

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 3
  13. They sure were good Heavn. I like them spicy..

• Like Like x 3
  14. Got introduced to Boudin sausage today. Pork, rice and herbs. My son in law grilled em up along with some hot links and rib eye steaks.

Pic doesn't do justice.
    IMG_20210626_163006.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. I thought it was made with squirrel lol well all be

• Like Like x 3
  16. LOL! A little squirrel...a little bit of possum.

Long as they leave out the armadillo I'm cool haha!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Lol i think i would try squirrel... But it ends there

• Like Like x 3
  18. I will never come to this thread empty stomached again ..........seriously getting dressed to go grab a bite now. Everything looked so delicious......this could be one of the greatest threads EVER. That smoked ice shit is ingenious

HT

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I've seen the recipe in my sausage makers cook book for Boudin sausage. I haven't tried them yet. How did you like them 3Deez?

• Like Like x 3
  20. I came from a poor upbringing.We did eat squirrel a lot growing up. It has a very strong acorn smell and taste that you would never forget. It was the most palatable in chili.

• Like Like x 3