Smoked/Grilled meats and fish

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TimJ, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Sweet-n-heat is always a great combination in my book. I make a great jalapeno-n-mango dipping sauce. I need to keep my smoked goods tame or the girlfriend won't eat them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. And we are on! Close pictures of the Carolina ghost reaper ones. And the old man busted of some cream cheese to smoke! It ain't meat butt fuck it! Lol got it at 225 American degrees. Looking at 4 hours at least. PXL_20221008_214649666.jpg PXL_20221008_214155285.jpg PXL_20221008_213223588.jpg PXL_20221008_214856537.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I'm not sure how long your going to smoke the cream cheese. But, I've melted cheddar cheese when over 100 degree's F. for 20 minutes. I was using a cold smoke technique. Mine ended up making a huge mess dripped down the racks in my smoker.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. #304 Deleted member 1122126, Oct 9, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2022
    So... After many beers over 5 hours... My old man switched them all around to where I don't know which ones are the hot ones and which ones are the Caroline ghost reaper lol.... So mixed them all up... It's a crap shoot! Lmao pick one and dip in cream cheese for full effect! PXL_20221009_013521501.jpg PXL_20221009_005706348.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I never smoked creme cheese. After seeing how yours turned out I'll give it a try. I'm really surprised it didn't melt into a puddle like Cheddar cheese. BTW, Swiss cheese smoked with apple wood is fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ill ask my old man what kind because i thought it would melt also. But it was some kind he said it you didn't get over 250 your good.

LMAO i picked 4 peices out for my 4 and 7 year old to eat dipping into the cream cheese....NONE were the hot ones :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  7. If I understand correctly any creme cheese will work. Or is that some special kind of creme cheese. It sounds like the kids lucked out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. More then likely any type will work and its just my dad making me feel like im..... still his son....and the old man wins every fucking time:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Got some stakes for the smoker and some more jerky! The Carolina ghost reaper cinnamon batch was amazing! So doing another also. PXL_20221011_212731377.jpg PXL_20221011_221327308.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. cow cost too much down here , we eating armidillo and possums and raw eggs,hahahah , i like to make my jerky thinner and cold smoke it, matter of fact if and when it ever does get cooler , i plan to build a old time smoke house out back , got the plans from a lost arts book

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  11. And this is what progress of a stoned person using a smoke! Lol I mean... I'm just chilling still on them meats.... Lol PXL_20221012_014251361.jpg PXL_20221012_014256875.jpg PXL_20221012_014302266.jpg PXL_20221012_014308264.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. So im really liking this "thick" coating that im letting them have... the caramelization holding in the flavor is great. WHen i have been adding ketchup and mustard i think they have adds a great bonding agent to the really random high bull shit spices i add lol what i noticed and i did this time was the thickness my brother cut was the same but add more SALT... i figure all the shit i add would be enough but honestly it was under salted last time, SO t hat what fun. Titty titty bang bang!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. LMAO lifes good when you got a smoker,.....:GettingStoned:

14. Good morning @TimJ.
    Thanks for the heads up on the cooking threads.
    I love to cook . But I really love to smoke meats.
    Now that the weather is cooling off a bit I do a lot more grilling and smoking.

IMG_2587.JPG IMG_2588.JPG IMG_2591.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. 20171124_141142.jpg
    I smoked a turkey on a Weber grill. It was pretty touchy keeping the heat regulated, but turned out alright!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. I did the same thing a couple of Thanksgivings ago.
    I had the same issue. I was constantly making sure temperature was good.

It came out good .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  17. Welcome to the thread and thank you for contributing. Beautiful looking smoked meats there @Foghorn1130. I've never smoked a pig. But the neighbors do several times a year and I'm there watching and learning. My first smoked chicken was a mess. Rubbery skin. I was running a water tray and shouldn't have. I'm still learning. But, I love all things food related. I have since smoked turkey breast several times using a brine then dry rub process and it turned out fantastic. I use electric smokers with real wood chips. I have a bad back and I can't keep bending to tend wood fires or charcoal. Similar end results, just a different way of achieving them.

• Like Like x 2