Smoked/Grilled meats and fish

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TimJ, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Ok, here is what I made on the grill tonight. There is grilled chicken breast, grilled patty pan squash "first of the season." Grilled corn that I removed and put into my 7 bean,corn and pepper salad. It also has cayenne pepper,garlic,spring onions,olive oil,parsley and fresh lime juice. 20210704_195643.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Happy 4th folks!! Burgers, backs and bongs.
    IMG_20210704_161418.jpg IMG_20210704_163848.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. get fat just looking at pic's on this thread hahahah

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. thing weighs a ton when i replanted it in the drive way,i had to put my motor hoist in back of my truck and put a strap around the pit,lift until i got it to lay on the tail gate.
    then i had to walk it into the 3inch pipe concreted in the driveway,was a task by myself,of course my boy said he would help,kinda like when jerry unloaded hay,they seem to disappear come work time,so took some doing,i had to tie down the motor hoist with ratchete strap in the truck bed ,then put just about half my yard of heavy objects on the motor hoist ,took me about 3 hours to stab a 2 3/4 inch pipe into a 3 inch pipe 16 inch deep hahaha.but all leveled out as plan and it will rotate a full circle,making working t=with wind and rain a brezze hahah.
    hardest part of the whole job was burning out a 6x6 post cut off even with driveway,took almost 2 months to burn that thang down 3ft,i finally got it cement my 3 inch pole in the ground in hopes of if i level the pole the pit would also be level,it was then i let the concrete cure for another month before putting the pit in the pipe

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sounds like you built that thing to take a nuclear strike. I like to over built things too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sending you all smoke signals with some Pineapple express. Hope you all are having a fun night, stay safe folks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. lets just say i only do things once hahahah
    i still need to build a fire box on the side of mine
    steel is costly as wood these days

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Oh sure you make this when you know my transporter is down! Gah

Looks too good

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I gained 3 kilos!

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. It's been a while. I will be smoking a 9 pound Turkey breast tomorrow. This will be the third year that I've made this. It is by far the best smoked Turkey breast recipe I've ever had. I cannot remember how I came up with it. It may be a combination of a few different recipes combined. I'll drop a few pictures of my brine,rub and the recipe for both. I use a 2-1/2 gallon freezer bag to brine it in. I'm posting the pictures to show what the brine and rub should look like if you decide to make it. I like visual aids when I try new recipes. I will smoke this at 250 degrees fahrenheit for around 3-1/2 hours or until the internal temp. reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit. I use apple wood for smoking poultry. I use an internal temperature probe. I'll post a picture after the rub is applied tomorrow and one after it's finished. For this breast I doubled the rub recipe. 20211210_174718.jpg 20211210_174639.jpg 20211210_174644.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Here's the bird with the dry rub. I removed it from the brine and dried the skin with paper towels. I then let it dry for a 2 hours in the fridge. This helps the fat under the skin cook off during the smoking process by drying out the skin some prior to the dry rub application. Other wise you tend to get a rubbery skin. 20211211_112233.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. next time i do a spatchcock bird ,i believe i will give that a try time,thanks for sharing sound good

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just pulled that bird. 166 degrees. Now to wrap it and let it rest for an hour. 20211211_161158.jpg 20211211_161333.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm going to make some Memphis style dry rub hickory smoked ribs today. Just waiting on the smoker to come up to temperature. My BBQ/smoking season is starting back up. Just pulled these from the fridge. 20220518_155049.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. how you can afford meat is beyond me, i havent smoked a brisket or anything else in over a year,i do have some wild hog in the frezzer i was saving for sausage though .
    looks good and the right time of year for it,practice for july 4th weekend up there were you are fish would be abundant too, i love me some smoked fish

• Like Like x 1
  16. #197 TimJ, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    I purchased 2 of those racks a few weeks back for $14.00 each. When I was at the grocery store yesterday they actually dropped to $10.00 per rack. We have a lot of great fishing around here. I just haven't been out lately. Chicken is cheap and tasty from the smoker or the grill. I grill a lot of veggies during the summer too. Hope you post some grilled or smoked stuff my friend. Don't forget to share recipes if your willing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. hahaha bro a brisket is between 75 and a 100 bucks down south here, a turkey is 2 bucks a pound , finding chicken is almost impossible , you cant hardly even find a box of mac and chesse for the younguns.
    not in your favor to go to the coast or even power plant lakes around here ,if you do go armed, one day i will make it up north for the fishing and to montana for a white tail hunt, gotta dream if you dont dream you dont a reason.
    sure enough miss the days of fishing colorado with my father in law,them rainbow and brown trout ,man let me tell ya ,he liked pike and i took all the trout haahha.
    but i dont see any Queing going on any time soon
    and veggies,got some squash that will be ready in coupe days,love my squash ,if i can even bend after friday they will probally be ready saturday, they say gall bladder surgery isnt that bad, i just got to pump myself up to do anesthesia

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brisket it crazy priced up here too. I use chuck roast, I love it. It tastes just like high end roast beef when it's smoked and pulled like pork for sandwiches. And it melts in your mouth,not tough or chewy like some roast beef is. Chicken goes up and down in price. Organic chicken is $5.99 a pound. The slimy store brand GMOed stuff still goes on sale for $.99 a pound. I also purchased a pork shoulder for $.99 a pound a few weeks back. Hope your surgery goes well my friend, and keep thinking of a positive outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  19. i like to buy about a 15 lb brisket then 2 boxs of bacon end bits add 15 lbs of wild hog,then my seasoning and bro let me tell you that some the best pan sausage you can eat, the bacon ends give it the smoke taste , the bacon fat for the frying wild hogs dont have any fat , i have a sausage stuffer but i prefer breakfast patty instead.
    im not really wild about chicken,mama almost killed me when we first got together in 78 ,hahah i taught her how to cook ,but she asked me before i went to work what i wanted for dinner,told her fried chicken,girl can cook now for sure,but she had chicken and had to thaw it out,well couple hours before i got off ,the chicken was still frozen,so she put it out on the deck in the sun to thaw it out,bro it thawed out my inners ole man i got ptomaine posion,oh i wanted to die hahahah. then the next week she asked again ,i said red beans and corn bread with some taters ,as i walked out the door not thinking again ,told her be sure and wash the beans before you cook them , she did ,with dawn dish washing soap ,bro i dont know how i made it to 25 aint joking hahahah

• Funny Funny x 1