Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoked for the first time--

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HaZe335i, Oct 16, 2011.

1. #1 HaZe335i, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    I know in my state NJ, MMJ is on its way to being legalized. But yesterday my friend came over who is a daily smoker, so I smoked a Joint with him. I was really high, and eventually passed out. But boy, the pain relief was great.

I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis, and have severe Leg and knee pains, which I currently take oxycodone for, 80-100mgs a day. The day I smoked, I didn't need oxy at all. Until the next day because I started going through withdrawals since no Oxy was in my system.

Daily even when taking the Oxy my legs always have a tired feeling, which the oxy doesn't help. But boy the weed did, my legs felt weightless.

well my point is, I can't wait until NJ gets the ball rolling.

One question though. I don't want to be high as of course I need to live my life. Is there a point where you no longer get high and can function? Or just smoke less?

2. Once you smoke more you will be able to be high and still function, i've been smoking for about 4 years now and i can say i can function easily while high

3. I would assume I would have to smoke everyday right? Or essentailly whenever I need to for pain?

4. can blaze whenever you need relief! im not sure how vapor works for ms symptoms but you might wana look into that if you dont wana be sleeping all the time, I find the burnout with smoke makes you just that extra bit tired. (possibly from toxins being removed from your blood stream) not to mention the weed youll save. glad you found relief through such a wonderful plant:D

if you only smoke once a day though your tolerance will take awhile to build up, and youll get pretty feckin high everytime you smoke.

heres to hoping you can soon get off of the oxys !:hello:

5. [quote name='"Cloud954"']can blaze whenever you need relief! im not sure how vapor works for ms symptoms but you might wana look into that if you dont wana be sleeping all the time, I find the burnout with smoke makes you just that extra bit tired. (possibly from toxins being removed from your blood stream) not to mention the weed youll save. glad you found relief through such a wonderful plant:D

heres to hoping you can soon get off of the oxys !:hello:[/quote]

That's the truth. And welcome to the club for sure. I've been a smoker for 16yrs and a grower for 8yrs. I'm only 29. now I can't vouch for the teenage years being a good choice an all but I can say life is perfectly managable after a while of gettin used to it..

I'm assuming your MS symptoms tho aren't on the spectrum of terribly severe so meditating is really a whenever you need kind of thing. If you got shit to do and don't feel comfortable then tough thru it and blast off when you're done. I've seen patients that can't even sit still or even talk without the instant relaxing effect and spasm relief. With time you'll figure out what u need and act accordingly. And again best wishes on weening off that poison they put you on. Oxy for MS seems kind of irresponsible to me.

6. Ive been looking into a vape, but, wow, expensive. I just bought a Molino Hurricane Spoon, so I can experiment how much I need for pain relief.

The Oxy doesn't treat the MS, only interferon's due (Avonex, Rebif, etc.) The oxy relieves my pain that is caused by the M.S, as no other drugs did, i.e Neurontin, Lyrica, etc which are most commons drugs prescribed for M.S pain, but they didn't work for me.

7. im glad to hear you found so much relief in mary jane,:hello:
    I want everyone to realize how much it helps so many different things without side effects. yeah you may want to smoke a different kind, indica or sativa.
    maybe only a few hits from a bowl instead of a whole joint.

8. Yeah Im glad too, Just everyone realized the medical properties of the plant. Its not additive, unlike the oxy's I take. Which I need to taper myself off of now since weed helps me.

The way I look it, its a success story, that only a few people on this forum will read, sadly as you know I need to buy it illegally.

Going to have to look over strains as Im still new, I have no idea what I smoked.

Since you mention a bowl last night from GC I bought a Molino Spoon, I figured that would better since I can figure out how much weed I need to get my desired pain relief among other things.