Smoked a bowl with Bradley Nowell (Sublime) at his memorial site today. (pics up)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MikeDoomsday, Mar 22, 2010.

1. #1 MikeDoomsday, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    Truly transformative. It's amazing how one person's life can change millions. It really inspired to do better in life. Anyone else been touched by his music? Or have a memory of him personally or of a time you visited his gravesite?

EDIT: Here are the pics I promised.

Heres of us pulling in. Just to show how tagged this spot is. HAHA

[​IMG]

And here's the curb a little close up. Sir DUB! :p

[​IMG]

"Let the lovin take ahold"

[​IMG]

Even in death, he's still fucking partying. :)

[​IMG]

A blue roach holding a roach...with Brad's roach next to him. :smoke:

[​IMG]

"Hey Brad. In town for a night & wanted to say..."

[​IMG]

You'll usually find some danks growing around the bottom of his stone if you're there on the right day.

[​IMG]

It says "Love Brad 420" Truly inspiring.

[​IMG]

:cool:

2. Sublime is my FAVORITE band. I remember when I first heard their music it was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. 40oz to Freedom is one of the best CD's ever made. I am definitely touched by Bradley, Bud, and Eric. I wish I had experienced what you just did.

3. Is his stone out in Hunington beach Cali?

4. His stone is in Westminster which is the city between Garden Grove and Huntington Beach. The curb next to his stone is all graffiti with thousands of signatures and a grip of medical marijuana stickers. He also had two 24oz's and a real roach on his stone. it was awesome. I will post pics soon for sure.

The amazing thing is, is that even though we spent about 30 minutes smoking around Brad's stone, nobody bothered us. Infact, several people saw our bowl and they just smiled and wave. It truly shows the amount of respect he has with locals. If any of you ever visit Orange County, I'd reccomend stopping by.

5. Wouldnt it have been more appropriate to have instead shot up a massive dose of heroin at his grave?

6. Dude...thats the shit

7. #7 MikeDoomsday, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010

Would have but it wouldn't do anything. His body was cremated and spread at sea. ;-) Perhaps memorial site would have been more appropriate to say. The trainwreck prevented me from knowing the difference. :p

8. that's some cool shit man, sublime is the motherfucking bomb. best band created, hands down. rip bradley you crazy son of a bitch

9. did that band smoke bud?

10. #10 KoTTonMouThk1nG, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2010
    dude hell yes. something im definately doing before i die. plus rep to you sir.:bongin:
    and you right above me. i poo on you

11. :eek:

12. slightly stoopids chronchitis is better

13. auto-ban...just saying...

14. your pic is trippin me out like wtf its "Obushma" lol :smoke:

15. lol Obushma. I would've never noticed that, glad you pointed it out ha

16. i love sublime. this much

[​IMG]

not finished!

17. Wow man that sounds amazing.

18. That tattoo is tiiight. Itd be totally sick if you posted a pic of it when its finished, dude. It'd be interesting to see it done!

I'm going to be posting pics up tonight when I get home from work or tomorrow. Its something you guys really would appreciate. No doubt. :smoke:

19. Looking forward to seeing the pic of that gravestone. Did you leave Brad some greens? :D

20. that's cooool man. i have a tattoo of the sun on my leg. sublime is amazing :smoke: