Smoke Swells Throat

Discussion in 'General' started by reveen420, Mar 22, 2007.

1. I smoked a jay today and immediately after my throat swelled up inside and it felt like i had to hork a really bad loogie or something and I still can't get rid of it. Is dis normal or what?

2. No...was it a flavored paper? Perhaps you had an allergic reaction to something...

Coming down with strep throat maybe? I dunno, not a doc...sorry.

3. The same exact thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago, and it bothered me that it hurt so bad. I think what happened is that I hit too hard and sucked some burning weed down my throat.

I'm soooo fucking high right now but I'm trying to make sense, I swear!

But anyway 3 weeks later and I still am a little sore in my throat, in the same exact spot. The right side.

4. i dunno man, nothing like that's ever happened to me. Maybe PM le grenouille. that's one cat that knows medicine.

5. Might of been laced. Couple of my friends got laced weed and it fucked them up pretty bad. Oh also some fucked up dealers along the line spray their shit with windex or raid or god only knows what. I'm betting you just got some "Extra seasoning" with your herb.

6. Funny, the same thing happened to me and it hurt my throat for like 3 days.

7. ok so assuming your weed isn't laced here is what you do to prevent hurting throat and caughing... When i was first starting to smoke my "mentor" decided i should learn how to properly use my new huge as bong with pipe tabaco so i wouldn't screw up and waste weed...1 big hit is all it takes ;) I've only snuck in maybe 1 toke in 2 years but the one time i smoked i freaked the guys out because i could take huge hits and shrug it off without coughing.