Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoke Detectors

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jawsome, Dec 25, 2010.

1. If no precautions are taken, will toking from a pipe in a room set one off? Personal experience anyone?

I've never heard of anyone setting one off. How much smoke does it usually take to make it go off? Thanks! :)

2. idk. Cant be much. If youre young and really cant set one off because of your family knowing then smoke in like a bathroom. I dont think they have smoke detectors.

3. I smoke in my tiny bedroom everynight. SOmetimes all day too. Never set off an alarm. I doubt it would unless you completely hotbox a room with bong hits. Youll be fine. You can also get a smokebuddy. I use one and it doesnt emit smoke.

4. you'll be fine. toke it up. Just take a few seconds between hits to let some of it dissipate. I normally blow into a closet in the room.

5. Does the smokebuddy eliminate any smell at all? Or just smoke itself?

6. Joints and blunts can set off smoke alarms. I think

7. no. I take bong tokes every night in my bedroom * as I am now* ,,, The detectors are made to go off if they sense thick smoke...like the smoke given off by burning fabric.

A toke will dissipate far too quickly and weed smoke is light and wispy so there is a low chance that it will set off your alarm.

8. Thanks for the help. :)

9. Yea if your using a pipe you should be fine. and smokebuddy is like a professional sploof. just inhale, then put the smokebuddy up to your mouth and exhale. I dont tend to notice a smell afterwards. and it doesnt make any smoke. but with joints and blunts its kind of pointless because the joint/blunt's always burning.

10. Hotbox my college dorm room everyday, no alarms yets

11. Ive actually set off the fire alarm before, im not sure if its due to weed though. Back in high school me and my buddy that i chilled with err day smoked weed in his storage room of his apartment, basically err day. One day we had like 9 or 10 people hotboxing the shit out of that. Probably a terrible idea but it happened. We smoked a fatass blunt and all is good. Next blunt in were good. After that people are smoking cigarettes and after like 10 minutes of THROUGHLY boxing a SMALL ass room the firealarm goes off and you just see 10 kids running through the emergency exit!!!

Kind of rambled there, im really baked and doubt any of it makes any sence.

But long story short, yes we did set off the fire alarm, most likley because of cigarettes though. You should be fine smoking weed well away from the firealarm, like 5 or 10 feet away, and blow it away from the alarm. If your smoking in another room of a house without an alarm, your compleatly fine.

12. def set the smoke alarm off in my room a few times but just put a plastic bag over it if you cant remove it

13. Smoke all the time inside from all kinds of stuff.If you leave your shower on hot water and leave the door open theyll go off.

14. never set mine off, and i've smoked from some crazy shit in my room haha

15. I use to toke in my medium sized room with a smoke detector. Eventually I just went in and un hooked a wire so its still up there but not functional, just in case.

Most can be disabled with out destroying them. Just don't take out the battery, and alarm will go off every once in a while reminding you to put it back.

16. if you're really concerned use a sploof... you're room will just smell like laundry :smoke:

17. If you're that concerned, you shouldn't smoke. Go outside.

If you're in college:
    Tampering with smoke detectors is a no-no, definitely go outside or don't smoke at all.

If you're at your parent's: Take out the battery and smoke away. OR go outside.

18. Just take out the batteries while you toke, mine almost got me caught a while back.

19. I'm high , paranoid, digging up an old thread and probably gonna sound stupid, hopefully.

If I toke in my room out of a pipe and use a smoke buddy, but the smoke still escapes from the bowl after a hit, and the fire alarm is in the hall way and i'm in my room with the door closed, will that set it off.

20. I am smoking copious amounts of bud right now on a couch that's directly under my smoke detector. I just did an experiment especially for you, OP, and blew smoke directly at it. Nothing :D