Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoke detectors

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Krait1, Mar 29, 2010.

1. How sensitive are smoke detectors? Obviously lighting a match won't set it off, but if hotboxed my bathroom and unleashed it into the room, would it set it off?

2. Depends on how close it is.

Turn on the bathroom fan.

3. Don't do that.

If you want to smoke inside your house just take the batteries out of the detector/unplug it.

Then later air out the room/house and turn it back on.

4. Just don't blow the smoke at the detector, you should be fine. It's not likely to go off.

5. Never had a smoke detector go off smokihg, but then again the closest detector is outside my room door, and i keep the door closed when I smoke. But i've also never set one off in public places either. The thing is that they are pretty much designed to tell you to get the fuck out of the house from a big fire. Not even a small kitchen fire will set the detectors off, unless it starts to burn structure, usually, because the smoke has to be really thick before it gets noticed. They're pretty much just there to wake up sleeping people if a raging inferno is heading for them, they don't detect a fire until it's pretty much too late to save much else than yourself. Which is because if they WERE more sensitive, they'd be absolutely awful because every time you burn a macaroni noodle on the stove you have to stop it or something. And at the very least, smokers would take them out probably, which would bvery bad if they needed to be woken up. s

6. most smoke detectors are more prone to heat more then smoke in my experiences.

7. Heat of the smoke which quickly disappates when it's not thick black smoke.