Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoke detectors

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pack3rstoner, Feb 8, 2010.

1. i just saw a post that said smoke detectors dont go off for weed smoke. i rly doubt this. is it true?

2. Lol total bull.

Either take the batteries out or put a shirt over it.

3. While I'm pretty sure this isn't true... Is it possible they are less sensitive to other kinds of smoke or something? :confused:

I don't know, that doesn't sound like it makes any sense, I guess.

But I'm perplexed by the fact that I can smoke bunches and bunches of bowls and cigarettes in my apartment in one short sitting, without so much as a beep from the smoke detector...
    Yet the minute I burn a piece of toast the thing is squealing in my ear like the whole damned place is on fire. :rolleyes:

What the fuck is up with that? :p

4. Dude, for real. Happens to me all the time :confused:

5. It's not total bull I think it has to do with the density of smoke. I can smoke weed and cigs all day in my media room. The second I start burning some resin the alarm will go off. You can just untwist the smoke dectetor and unhook the electric cords that are attached and then put it back up. I have never set off an alarm with Marijuana smoke alone, its the same for cigs.

6. every room in my house has a smoke detector and they dont go off, blew smoke directly into it and nothing. They pick up hot smoke to i think, thats why shower steam can set them off ;) but smoke from your lungs aint as hit as smoke from a direct fire

7. I smoke in my own apartment and the smoke detectors don't go off for the weed smoke.
    Granted I'm not blowing huge concentrated puffs of smoke directly at the detector.

When I smoked at my parent's house in my room the smoke detectors only went off twice. I'm not sure I can attribute this to weed, as later we found out all the smoke detectors were faulty and had to replace them.

They would go off at random times during random days, even after the batteries were changed.

8. Smoke doesn't set off the detector, heat does. As long you don't stand on a chair and blow smoke into the detector it won't matter.

9. in most aplications no. if your tokin bs it wont go off. but if your jamicaning a small area hell ya itl go off

10. Yeah I smoke in my dorm room no problem. I actually sit at my desk right under the smoke detector so the smoke is pretty much going right on it.