Smoke Buddy?!?!?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by cpledge11, Jan 18, 2011.

1. I never thought about my nose.. I bet that is where the appearing vapor is coming from... Yea i'm rolling my eyes on that one cuz i'm an idiot lol.. I thought it was just because of my beard and it was keeping it from getting a good seal on my lips... But hey either way it works FANTASTIC! I vaped this morning with mom right next door to me and she never smelt a thing.. I filled up two bags at 6:30 this morning of some skunk and boy oh boy was i lit for class :smoke:

2. i got mine about a week ago, my dryer sheet rig wasn't cutting it anymore, it works a lot better but if i take a fat rip i can definitely see a little bit of smoke...sometimes, its weird, i think you have to seal your mouth around it perfectly... still works a lot better and worth 17.95 at spencers

3. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. ^yep.

I own one, its great. A couple key points to making it effective and some common sense. Also many ppl have used them for well over 300 uses, I'm prob up to 500+ or more, still works great.

-It's not very effective for Joints and Blunts; the J/B itself clearly lets smoke into the air. Duh.
    -Its 100% effective for Bongs. Pack a snap, blow it into the SB. No Smell. No Smoke.
    -Its okay for spoons ect. Still some smoke usually comes off the pipe itself.
    -Its def good for over 300+ uses. (mine has to be well over the 500+ range)
    -The SB itself has a stale smoke scent after some time. It does have caps, i don't use them, instead leave them off, by a window to 'air it out'.
    -Take two breaths, One from your main hit, another to clear the SB.
    -$20, shipped from sb site, discrete shipping, not obvious what it is.
    -Downside? I guess its tiresome to use, but if you want to be stealth its great.

I use mine to not bother the ppl that live above or around me. I live on my own, but also really don't want my apt to stink like reefer ya know. I'v used it prob 3-4mo, still on my 1st one. You could DIY one, but this is only $20, and really just works.

5. it works great but it definitly takes getting used to, first time i blew out normal and it was like restricted airflow and choked on the smoke.

its nice if you dont have access to just chill on a back porch or something

6. i bought a Smoke Buddy a couple of years ago, couldn't have spent more than 10 bucks on it and it wound up being a very important part of my stealth kit for awhile. its a great little item, effective and it actually WORKS. yeah, you can make an effective one out of a toilet paper tube and some dryer sheets that works just as well, but having an actual product that does the trick and doesn't look super sketch, i would recommend this absolutely... one thing about it, it does lose its effectiveness after awhile, but it lasted a reasonable amount of time.

7. im 19 and live with my parents still unfortunately but since i've had the smoke buddy my parents haven't mentioned my room smelling like weed, i still open the windows and turn the fan on though, it works better than dryer sheets and a toilet paper roll even with carbon in it, tried both, smoke buddy ftw, plus it comes with a cool key chain

8. I thought this was going 2 B something completely different. LOL

9. #50 Cyllas, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    you can make your own smoke buddy for half the price of a smoke buddy,

But the smoke buddy is only 20$.

And it works. I made an activated carbon sploof, and it didnt work, and i got caught.

So...risk vs savings

Also, i used my smoke buddy for 6 months multiple times daily before i had to reactivate the carbon, now its good for another 6 months.

10. Why don't you just get some type of tube an stuff dryer sheets in it? Or if you wanna make it last, a $1 toothbrush case and dryer sheets, cologne sprayed on paper towels, or basically and other smelly stuff on a porous surface

11. I actually had one of those that I used before I got my vaporizer. It surprisingly worked until the day I stopped using it.

12. you want activated carbon instead of dryer sheets, marijuana order is more powerful that fabreeze, plus the crushed up carbon filter has so much more surface area to it when air is blown through

13. #54 OregonStoner, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    I bought a regular sized Smokebuddy and the unit only lasted me about 3 weeks under heavy, daily use.

Upon the unit not working, I decided to take the smokebuddy apart to see what caused its demise. The carbon in the unit looked fine, without resin buildup, but the issue was easily discovered after pouring the activated carbon out of the unit.

I found that the paper filters before the carbon were heavily clogged with moisture. I pinched a small section of the paper filter and water was dripping out. I also noticed that before the smokebuddy died, water droplets were being blown out of the exhaust side upon using the Smokebuddy. I also tried the mentioned microwave trick, but the unit would allow vapor (in my case) to exit after this month of use.

I bought a couple more Smokebuddy's in regular size and a couple of the Jr. sizes. I have made my first jr last longer than my first full sized Smokebuddy lasted.

The trick for me seems to be to let the smokebuddy sit uncapped near a heat source overnight if you are using the unit daily like I do. If you see any moisture coming out the exaust end or forming on the exhaust grid, you would be best off to allow your unit to dry as mentioned before.  If after allowing it to dry moisture is still being noticed around the exhaust, simply repeat the drying process again. Leaving the smokebuddy uncapped after use and hoping the moisture would evaparate before the next use did not work for me.

I will post again when I finally am not able to use my Smokebuddy Jr. anymore. My drying out procedure seems to work very well. After daily use and many heated drying sessions, my Smokebuddy Jr is almost as easy and clear to use as the day a bought it a month ago.

Hope this advice saves a member a few bucks of having to buy a new one when an extended drying out period will probably restore its functionallity.

14. Dryer sheet and a toiler paper roll. or paper towel roll with more sheets. works great used it a few times.

15. Smoke buddy's work 100% but they don't last long of you are a heavy smokerSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. #57 DanaWanaPskana, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    Just got one and shocked that the thing does a great job of eliminating smoke and odor. It also does not have the effect that spoofs have (toilet tubes stuffed with tissue) in that sometimes you get a sore throat because the air you expel is shot back in your mouth. This one let's you have a good exhale and almost all of the smoke is gone. There was some coming out of the lips end but I'm not sure I had a suction created so that could be me, but even if so that's still about 90% of the smoke gone and the odor for some reason is not there either. 
    Btw- incense matches are the greatest trick for getting rid of that smell from each hit. They are cheap and you light the match then blow it out and put it somewhere to let it burn a minute or two and it totally covers the whole area you need to get rid of the smell in. They are perfect because can just do one match at a time and it's like 20 a book which I paid $1 for.

"""'I bought a regular sized Smokebuddy and the unit only lasted me about 3 weeks under heavy, daily use.
    \nUpon the unit not working, I decided to take the smokebuddy apart to see what caused its demise. The carbon in the unit looked fine, without resin buildup, but the issue was easily discovered after pouring the activated carbon out of the unit.
    \nI found that the paper filters before the carbon were heavily clogged with moisture. I pinched a small section of the paper filter and water was dripping out. I also noticed that before the smokebuddy died, water droplets were being blown out of the exhaust side upon using the Smokebuddy. I also tried the mentioned microwave trick, but the unit would allow vapor (in my case) to exit after this month of use.
    \nI bought a couple more Smokebuddy's in regular size and a couple of the Jr. sizes. I have made my first jr last longer than my first full sized Smokebuddy lasted.
    \nThe trick for me seems to be to let the smokebuddy sit uncapped near a heat source overnight if you are using the unit daily like I do. If you see any moisture coming out the exaust end or forming on the exhaust grid, you would be best off to allow your unit to dry as mentioned before.  If after allowing it to dry moisture is still being noticed around the exhaust, simply repeat the drying process again. Leaving the smokebuddy uncapped after use and hoping the moisture would evaparate before the next use did not work for me.
    \nI will post again when I finally am not able to use my Smokebuddy Jr. anymore. My drying out procedure seems to work very well. After daily use and many heated drying sessions, my Smokebuddy Jr is almost as easy and clear to use as the day a bought it a month ago.
    \nHope this advice saves a member a few bucks of having to buy a new one when an extended drying out period will probably restore its functionallity.
    ""

Responding:

What about a hair dryer? Quick maintenance daily? 

I mean, really for me if I go through one or two a month man it is well worth the $15.