Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoke and study?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by headbucket, Nov 29, 2007.

1. i am currently attending college, and as my engineering classes consume quite a bit of my time, taking care of schoolwork while high is inevitable. actually, i just took my first test high the other day in statics (a physics class). i knew this class pretty well before i took it because of another prereq physics i had previously taken. but still, i was very surprised at my ability to function while high! has anybody else had experience with smoking and thinking? haha- funny way to put it. but i am just curious, is it common to do work after smoking, or do most people just wanna chill?

...im faded right now in circuits lecture :)

2. depends on how you handle being high. when i was freshmen in college i wouldn't let myself smoke till i was done with all my work and classes for the day, now i'm in my 3rd year and i have no problem being stoned to do anything, its all a matter of you.
    though i'll never operate power tools high, thats just dangerous.

3. i usaly just use weed as the reword to look forward to afta class cause im no good takin a test high but its diffrent for everyone

4. All sorts of people are different - and react different to the pot -

5. im nice with math with im blazed

6. To me, smoke + study would be more like smoke + sleep, so I tend to avoid it.

7. I have no problems doing any school work whilst high, but if I try to study I won't retain anything.

8. I can do anything but math when I'm high. and I found weed to be great for studying. I'd have to try harder to remember but once I could I never forgot anything.

9. I do it often, mostly when it involves writing but i'll take my time depending on how the high is. You can mostly tell what kind of buzz certain buds will give you. Fluffy nugs are just like coffee (go well with with it when cramming time as well) and don't make you lazy and shit, while denser nugs will have you saying "fuck it, i'ma knock out." If you don't do it often better off studying sober, but if you're a daily smoker its no biggie.

10. That's because the denser nugs are usually an indica while the fluffy nugs are generally a sativa.

I'm a pretty good stoned writer. I used to be able to write high and get As no problem, but I just got a paper back that I wrote high, which I got a fucking C+ on, so I'm gonna stop writing high for a while.. I still can't believe I got a fucking C+.. This is bullshit.

11. personally i cant do it. i just find it to hard to concentrate on those little words when im blazed. i think way too much. i just wait till im done with everything and reward myself at the end.:smoke:

12. remember, study high, take the test high-------> get high scores.:smoking:

13. I love studing while baked. Philosophy makes so much more sense, and I can always write much better when blazed.

I write most of my philosophy papers blazed, and i've aced each one.

14. Yea im real bad at history stoned (short term memory... you know) but i kick ass at physics, calc and my engineering class stoned. Also wrote my only A paper about Pink Floyd's the wall (it was a semi-non-fictional short story) when i was blaaaaaaaaazed. Sorta wanna change majors from engineering to music or something like that, but only because im lazy and dont wanna put in the work to be an engineer but still want to be one. For now ill stick it out cuz ill regret not having a kick-ass job when i graduate.

Either way, i try to blaze only at night, when im done with most of my work, except maybe some calc hw. I've blazed before class, but it normally leads to me either saying, fuck it ill skip, or going, and like, stop taking notes halfway thru and daydreamin.

15. personally i don't suggest doing so, but i will study or read high if i have to do like a philosophy paper, but for something like math definitely not.

If you study high, you will not do too well on a test sober....if you study high you should take the test high, but i don't recommend either. Seriously though if you study under the influence of something, you will do better if your under that same influence taking the test - Psychology

16. I have ADD and find it very difficult to study without being high

17. wow, im in a similar position. i am also in engineering, but am currently thinking about switching to something more creative. i just know engineering is the safe bet while art related fields are extremely difficult to make a decent living out of. i dont know which situation id be happier in.:confused:

18. What?
    Are you on medication....aderal?

19. ive noticed that if im trying to learn something completely new, i cant do it high, but if im studying something ive studied before and couldnt understand, i can understand it alot better when im high. has anyone else noticed this?

20. Yea i hear ya, my uncle already has a really good job setup for me if/when i graduate engineering 4 years from now. Engineering actually does interest me, but nothing would gratify me more than being succesful through my musical abilities. I'll probably try and graduate with an EGR degree, but not take a job immediately. I'll take a bunch of years just trying to do something with my music, and if that fails, i can always be an engineer... and besides, i know i can deffinitely smoke while "studying" for or playing music.