Smoke a bowl/blunt/joint/bong rip for my dog GC

Discussion in 'General' started by KottenMouth, Dec 15, 2008.

1. I have a greyhound that we rescued 5 years ago. He used to race, and he used to be beaten. Just had a check up at the vets 3 weeks ago, and the vet said he is in great shape, healthy as can be. On friday, he was outside and we go to let him in and his back left paw is bleeding everywhere. Turns out, his toenail is hanging by a little piece. We called the vet, he said to just pull it off and clean it out and it should grow back to normal.

Today, I heard him let out a really loud yelp, which is weird cause he only does that when he is really hurt. I went in and checked and he scratched himself with the foot with the toenail he ripped off. He seemed like he was walking fine after. He comes downstairs with a huge limp just now, and jumps up beside me on the couch. He usually puts his 2 front paws on, then jumps with his back ones and is on. Not only is he limpin, but he only used his good back leg/paw to jump this time.

Really worrying me that maybe this got infected or something, as he has been licking that paw since I've been writing this thread up(5mins or so). Just please let your next high be dedicated to my dog, I really love the guy and he's one of my best buddies. This dog defended me when I got attacked by a roti, really don't think I could handle it without him.

My mom also said that when he had his last operation, that's the last amount of money(healthcare wise, like a big surgery or something) she is spending on him. I just really hope that maybe he just hurt it and it's sore and stuff, back to normal tomorrow.

2. :bongin: to your dog. either a name wasnt stated or im too messed up at this point in time to have noticed it. hope everything works out for you.

3. Shit my bad man, yea I didn't post it. His name is Slim, I'll post a pic when he gets up and isn't curled up into a ball.

4. I just had to put down my chocolate lab a month ago. She was the best dog you could ever ask for. She lived to be 17(got her when i was 3 haha), I feel your pain dude.

:bongin:for the dogs in our lives.

5. Fuck man that's rough. My first dog got hit by a truck, and we got this one a month after. I hated him at first cause I thought it was to quick to replace, but then he saved my ass and e have been best buddies ever since.

6. no weed

but a bunch of stems

i'll brew some tea for the pup

and i think it'd be a good idea to wrap it up in some sort of bandage as to keep the germs out

7. What is a roti?

Sorry for your dog, I'd smoke a bowl for him if I wasn't out :(

8. Rotweiler(sp), the dog.

9. Later on tonight for sure bruh.

Hope ya dog will pull through it

10. Yea man I went out and got some gauze and medical tape, put that shit on but he keeps ripping it off. Tried putting a sock over top of it to but he keeps tearing it off lol, the stubborn old bastard.

11. it's nice to hear your dog defended you against that rotweiller.....

...dogs are truly mans best friend,,,,, they will love you more than they do thierselves,,,

..ive only had aggresive dogs.... no tailwaggers,,,,,

..i'll drink a beer for your buddy,,, i aint got no weed right now,:cool:

12. I"m sure that your dog is fine, but try to not let your dog lick it's injured foot, that could make it worse.

It's a really horribly painful thing to lose a nail, especially to a dog.

ETA: I'm packing a bowl right now, so it goes out to your dog.

13. I just read the things that you're doing to get him to leave it alone, I'm all for the sock idea. Rubber band it on, but make sure it's lose enough to not stop circulation. Also, a cone collar, if you have one, would be the best thing.

14. Next bowl is for your dog. This is just me being high but, you dog is just cleaning his wound. I don't

think you should bandage his foot up. Jus give it a couple more days an your dog should be good to

go. Here's my story, One time my dog came to me crying an walking with his back hunched up high

like a cat. He walked like that for a couple days an crying once in a while, really scared the hell outta

me, but after a couple days everything was good. I think he musta pulled a muscle or something, but

basically jus give it sometime before you take him to the vet. Anyways stay high an hope your dog

has a speedy recovery.:smoking:

15. Sorry to hear about your dog man, This may be a weird idea but, you should smoke your dog out. Marijuana has a lot of medicinal purposes hopefully it can help your dog with the pain. Just an idea.

16. i think thats against the rules haha

17. Man I totally relate to you, my dog was just put to sleep last week, and I had to be there to watch it, and I had to put him in a hole and throw dirt on him, man...he was in so pain before, he had a brain tumour, he was always bleeding out of his nose, eyes, and mouth. He was in the pain so I'm happy for him but I miss him. It was just hard being there watching him being put to sleep and burying him.

18. My next J is dedicated to wishing your dog well :)

I'm sure he'll be okay though, dogs are natural fighters :p

19. I feel ya. Ive lost a few pets over the years. three dogs and a cat to old age. One of our kittens was run over not so long ago too. Pets are awesome and it sucks when they die - Gotta happen though. Their life span is way shorter than ours.
    Heres one for Slim :bongin:
    He will be all good though. Just a toe nail isint serious as long as it stays clean.

20. This thread is like 6 months old dudes

How did your pup turn out? Is his paw ok? Now I'm curious :confused: