Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smelly coat, too big too wash, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RandomDeadGuy, Jan 26, 2010.

1. I tried using the search button on how to get rid of the smell on clothes and stuff but I havent been able to find anything thats going to help get it off my coat. It reeks pretty bad, but I cant wash it since its to big to fit in the washer. What are my options?

2. Fabreeze. It's a stoner's friend. Invest!

3. dry cleaner.
    laundromats usually have big ass machines.
    Otherwise, soak it in a can of lysol

4. ^5's happy tree!

5. Wash it by hand? :rolleyes:

Or I suppose you could take it to a professional cleaner. I wouldn't worry about the smell too much in that case (if you're worried about what the cleaners would think/do) but there's some really excellent sprays (such as febreze for pet smells) that should cover it.

Could also put it in a closet or other small space and burn sage. The lack of ventilation should cause the sage smell/smoke to overwhelm the pot smell. Occasionally will do this for my entire apartment.

6. Pretty simple shit.
    Cologne
    Dry Cleaners
    Hand wash in the bathtub/sink

7. how fat are you that a regular washing machine isn't big enough for your coat?

8. leavin it outside for a while might blwo the stink off it and its free unlike everything else, otherwise yeah burn sum incense on it in a small closet or something

9. Thats what I was thinking, going to have to spray it down with something.

Would hanging it up outside to air-out help?

10. I was kinda thinkin this same thing, without the fat part. I'm pretty you're washing machine can fit your coat man. I throw my comforter in mine all the time, and it's bigger than any coat you could have.

11. Edit: You guys arnt looking at the big picture! ;D
    Your jacket dosnt really stink bro.. When you smoke ganja you will tend to get parenoid and generally willl think you smell horribly. I Never worry about smell because its all in the head. Itll take you while to realize it cause your afriad to get caught but eventually you will get the idea.
    Gl mate.:smoke:

12. No... you see, I actually cant smell it, its all of the people I have been around commenting that I smell funny (yes I have showered recently!!!)

13. Let me guess, you smoke blunts?

14. Hose it. Scrub some detergent on it. hang it up to dry.

I do think your washer can wash it. My blankey is freaking HUUUUGE and I can wash it. The washer is pretty old too, like early 2000s (02 I think?).

15. I hung it up to air-out outside. I guess I will see how that goes and then go from there.

16. run it through dryer with a couple of heavy scented dryer sheets and a clean/wet wash cloth may help. If you need to use a cool setting due to fabric, it should still be ok.

17. eat that shit man.

18. i agree wholeheartedly

19. Maybe it's because you're a 'random dead guy' :confused_2:

How long you been dead?

Seriously, though...just don't spray cologne or perfume on it. That just makes it stink worse...like puttin perfume on a pig.

Febreeze works good because it neutralizes odors.

But, then again...if it stinks it's because it's dirty. Covering the smell is only temporary. Take it to a laundromat like someone else suggested. They have industrial sized washers there