Smells

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigSou, Apr 4, 2009.

1. When does the plant start to smell?

What easy methods can I use that are practical for someone without a lot of resources to get rid of the smell?

How bad is it going to get? I guess it would depend on the quality of the weed.

When will it be the worst?

I am a very beginner at growing so please help.

2. smells kick in big during the flowering portion of growth....of course depending on your grow setup (and how many plants you are growing) you probably will want to go with a carbon filter (HID Hut has a can-filter for 59 -- you will want to get a fan locally to go with it), also ona blocks are pretty good and my college roommate used one for the 1 plant grow he kept.

3. I am growing BC Big Bud right now and it started to get REALLY stinky only about two
    weeks into veg. I run a 4" inline fan with a Carbon Air scrubber, it works great. If you
    want to REMOVE odor, then you'll have no choice but to use a Carbon Air Filter.

If you want to just mask odor, then there are lots of methods out there for that, but none
    of them will be as effective.

What is your grow environment like? Some setups make it easy for you to build your own
    Activated Carbon filters, and some prohibit that, making masking necessary.

It'll get to its worst (or best?) during flowering, no question. If you are at all worried about
    someone smelling your grow, then don't grow.

SMELL GETS PEOPLE BUSTED ALL THE TIME! Police/Narcs/assholes love the "I smell MJ"
    excuse to get people in trouble.. so stay safe!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

4. I am growing in a closet so it should get pretty stinky. Do I have to filter all the air in the room through a tube with a carbon filter in it? I am completely new to this so some pictures of carbon filter setups would help.

5. I've got complete photos of my carbon filter and fan in my grow thread.. click the link
    below my name to check it out.

You can either recycle the air in closet through a scrubber, or better yet.. for your case,
    vent the scrubbed air outside of the closet to help keep temperature in control.

Lets see some photos of your grow area if you can post them.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist