Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smells nothing like Weed...?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LordofBrussels, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I've been lurking this forum for a little while, finally decided to make an account. Why? Well, my dealer's buddy grew his first batch or something, so I picked up a quarter to try it out, and, so far, it's absolutely awful!

Here's some random details I noticed:
    - Smells kinda like a mix of grass, mint and some type of cooking herb - the predominant smell is not the unique smell of weed
    - Super, super dark, "faded" green, almost like it lost vitality during the drying or something
    - It's dry and will rip, but nearly impossible to grind (I have a good metal grinder and is new - has had no trouble grinding other strains). I can't grind the weed to a small enough size that it will be smokable through a bong (the ash just stays clogged in the bowl - cleaning the downsteam hasn't done anything).
    - I can't see a lot of brown crystals at all. In fact, about 90 of the stuff is the dried leaves, and even the crystals that are there seem darker and faded too.

My guy says it's a mix between Sativa and Indica - 70/30 mix.

I've had to smoke way more to get a little high (about 2-3 times more than the other one I have right now (chocolope). The high is also kinda unique, nothing I've felt before. I felt more lucid and clear mentally, and I found that I was also talking a LOT - this is weird because I was sitting in my room alone with no one to talk to, and I am usually pretty quiet when high by myself.

Anybody have a possible strain/name for it? Or is this just terrible, terrible keef?

IMG_20131113_171740.jpg

IMG_20131113_171749.jpg
    ^ After about 30-40 seconds of grinding nonstop

IMG_20131113_171754.jpg

IMG_20131113_171858.jpg

Regards,
    LoB

2. Did Helen Keller trim that ugly ass bud? (No offense)

3. Jesus is there weed under there???? Trim all the leaves and make hash. Cure your leftover buds a lil more to make the taste and "chewiness" lol a little better.

But seriously... Make hash outta that shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. What process do you use I got about an ounce of leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Seriously? Holy fuck haha you could get a couple gs of hash lol.

I just freeze the leaves overnight in a mason jar. Next day, pour 91% or higher ISO into the jar ( enough to cover the herb and get it all moist). Whole process the ISO should be in the jar less than a minute for sure to keep from pulling the chlorophyll outta the herb.

Anyways pour in the ISO and let sit for maybe 10-15 seconds. In that time put the lid on the jar and proceed to shake the everloving shit out of it for maybe another 15-20 seconds. Remove the lid and cover w an unbleached coffee filter and drain onto a Pyrex or some sort of casserole dish ( to scrape later w razor blade). I like to drop to herb onto the coffee filter (and be careful not to spill it on your) and squeeze the greenish clear ISO onto the Pyrex.

Fill your sink w some of the hottest water your faucet will make (not boiling) and drop your Pyrex in there to speed up the ISO evaporation and put a fan blowing across it.

After it all evaporates scrapes it up and I like to toss it in the oven that's no higher than 170 for maybe 10 min.

Sorry if that was to to long.
    Tltr? Lol qwiso

7. Guys, I didn't grow this. My dealer's friend did, and hell, I've never made hash. I hit bong like 6-7 times a day, been doing it for 2 months (got into it recently), but never thought about making my own hash.

My most burning question, what is WRONG with it?

8. Grown shitty

9. Thanks guys. I'm gonna see if I can make some sketchy batch of hash outta this. Now that I peel some of the leaves away I'm starting to see the trichromes. Ugh fuck this dude and his seaweed

10. #10 bubblekarma, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013

I had a friend who's mom tried to grow some but had no idea what they were doing. The results were similar. They didn't dry or cure it good enough either. It had a very seaweed like taste, and there wasn't much bud just a lot of leaves around small buds. Took me seriously 3 joints to feel anything.

Hopefully my grow turns out to be a very pleasurable smoke! God I can't fucking wait! 55ish more days to go! (Well plus a little for drying/curing).

11. Yea prolly just bad genetics + bad growing + bad curing = well... What ya got right there lol. And hash isn't to hard it's surprisingly easy once you've started and the results are welllllll worth it! Good luck!!! Post results

12. It's all in the cureing

13. Trim the buds better, it will give it a better taste. But buds dont  look that bad for your buddies 1st grow, my dealers first grow was complete shit, hope you got a good deal.