Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smells like ammonia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tcerv420, May 5, 2015.

1. I got some mid grade from a friend of mine and it smells like ammonia and tastes bad too. When I first read up I saw something that said sativa strain smells can range anywhere from fruity to cat piss/ammonia. When I read more I saw that mold gives it an ammonia smell. On top of that I pulled out what looked like a little but of mold from the bottom of a bud and smoked the bud before I learned that mold on weed is white and stringy which it was. Put it under a black light and nothing is lighting up. I've been looking for mold but can't see any. On top of that I picked up some "white widow" which I'm sure it's not but hey that's what he called it. It has kind of a musty scent but looks good otherwise. Now I might just be paranoid.

Is it possible to have good weed that smells like ammonia but is still good or does it for sure mean mold?

2. #2 Tcerv420, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    The main buds in question (2 big) actually look like they're lighting up pretty good under the black light! There's definitely mold on there. He said he'll switch me out

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430797314.472840.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430797329.239276.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430797426.012633.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430797450.614441.jpg

The 3 big buds are the cat piss/ammonia

5. Honestly doesn't look bad, but looks are not everything.  Hell I would smoke it.

6. #6 enjoyandlive, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    I see 0 mold at all, def smoke
    white widow should be at least a little white. doubt it is

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox