Smells like a garden..

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by zanny, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Well this was my first time growing and I think it turned out ok~ I started with 15 plants and ended up with 6 females. It was soo hard to kill the male plants, but I knew it had to be done, and so now here I am 6 flowering ladies 0_o I am using regular top soil and the double-blub shop light fictures with 2 22w 24'' florecence grow bulbs. I dont have a vent on the door; they were in the closet btw. They grew straight up for the most part, but as it got closer to the bud stage they kinda grew out, but only at the bottem. I gave them roughy 90ml of water a day. Water was mixed with miracle grow maybe 1 teaspoon per gallon ~ They got 18hr of light in veg and 12hr in bud. Seed to harvest was around 70 days? Im not sure but that is close. So I cut them down and hung them upside down in the attic. It was kinda hot and humid up there. I didnt have a fan either >< So like 2 days later my wife found somthing about drying herbs and talked me into drying the bud in the oven. Now before you reach for the razor, it was only heated to like 180 degrees and then I but it in the oven and let it sit in there as the oven cooled down. Now I am at my current problem. My weed looks great, brown hairs and crystals, but it does not smell like weed. It smells like a garden! And I am just not getting very high off it.. WTF /'-'\ idk if I messed it all up or what but any help I could get would be great. From seed to harvest I would love some tips ^^ thanks for reading.

2. it doesn't sound like you've cured them yet. curing will increase the taste tremendously and the potency as well. throw em' in some jars for a few weeks.:)

3. Yea I got them in jars, but how does the jars make it more potent?

4. You want to dry bud slowly in a cool environment, not fast in an oven or hot/humid attic. That could possibly have something to do with it.

Did you look at the trichomes before you chopped? How many of those 70 days was it flowering for?

5. same way avocados ripen off the tree.

6. alot of the thc evaporated from the bud in the oven....soo thats y there less potent i guess.

7. You were good til you started listening to your wife :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. LoL yea. Note to self: do not listen to my wife.. m-_-m anyways yea. I would say they were flowering for 30 days? Not exactually sure. So is the potency going to come back or should i do somthing else with the bud? ie: make feif or hash? How do you check the tricomb? thanks for the replys guys ^^

9. i would probably say the werent quite mature when u hacked em.

and possibly not enough light? i dont know 70 days is not a long time tho. my plants veg for 70 days, and flower for roughly 60ish.

10. im pretty sure drying buds in the oven i just a quick method to test your buds like throwin them in the microwave which i wouldnt recomend but ive heard of people using that method. i would only throw a couple buds of my harvest in the oven for a qucik smoke and traditionally dry and cure the rest.

-GD

• Like Like x 1
  11. [ : How do you check the tricomb? thanks for the replys guys ^^[/QUOTE]

buy a cheap jewlers loop some people like it 50/50. 50% amber 50% cloudy

should give you a nice rounded high.

12. Thats the little crystal looking balls on the buds rt? They seem to be stuck to the buds preaty tight. Do they come off easy?

13. To check the trichromes you don't have to remove them from the leaves, you just have to view a leaf close-up with some sort of decent magnification.

14. I'd say that's the problem. 30 days is not much time at all. You're trichomes are most likely still clear meaning there immature (no they won't keep maturing). Next time flower longer and look at the trics before you chop.

15. HELLO everyone

16. Troll

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk