Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smelling stuff doesn't work...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shirogane7, Apr 29, 2012.

1. When i'm high, I lose all sense of smell. Completely gone. I could spray cologne right up in my nostril, and I still won't smell anything. It's not like my nasal airways are constricted either, I never breath out of my mouth if I can help it. I can breath fine, I just can't seem to detect any odors. I hate buying weed high cuz it could smell like straight up ass and i wouldn't know it until I sobered up.

Anyone have an explanation as to why I lose all sense of smell when high?

2. Because your inhaling the smoke which gets into your nasal passages and airways.

3. I'm not rippin bongs out of my nose man...

4. One of life's many mystery's my friend.

5. My best guess is that it's drying out on the inside. Moisten it with water and then try smelling something. It happens to me some times.

6. i would guess it has something with the smoke going though the airpassages, incuding the nose area????

maybe since the smoke leaves its own little "taist"

it is blocking out whatever ur semlling?

kinda like....drank a few sips of choc milk or soda or something after you smoke. you will notice it tastes differnt....

7. Dude when you inhale something it's affecting your sinus area still, have you never coughed after taking a fat rip and feeling get up in your sinuses and your nose? Hurts like a bitch. You might already be a little sick as well, smoking will agitate even the weakest headcold

8. You suggesting I snort water?

I get what you mean... and the shit tasting different is true, but it's not like smells are being diluted by other odors... there just aren't any.

Well i've been sick the past couple months, like a constant mild cold. But I never cough, I hate that shit. Stifle every one.

9. This is the most likely candidate, being sick. I, personally, loose a lot of sense of smell when I'm high, but not to the point where I can't smell anything. Colds affect your sense of smell, and smoking makes it worse. Try taking lots of vitamins to build your immune system back up and fight the cold. :smoke:

10. [​IMG]

Something along the lines of this, I presume. :D

11. dude i get this to i can't smell anything it real bothers me i figure its because i just inhaled one of the stinks plants on earth

12. when you get super munchies and you're cooking up a bomb meal you can't smell anything? for seriously dude? that sucks man.

13. i wonder if i lose any sense of smell eating an edible?? maybe its just the smoke causing sinus issues.

14. Yeah... :(

15. the mouth and nose are extremely connected. thats why when you have a stuffy nose you can't taste anything