Smell

Discussion in 'Security' started by Weedy Wonka, Jun 24, 2019.

1. I've been debating on growing a plant or 2 in my house. My house is pretty independent from my neighbors, although they are close enough that Im not sure if they'd be able to smell it once it flowers. My living space is on the 2nd story with garage/storage space below, to which my landlord gives my neighbors access. I'm not sure how strong the odor would be if kept in a closet and if they would be able to smell it at any point. I've thought about using an odor neutralizer but I'm not sure if that'd be enough and a carbon filter seems like overkill.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Talk to them about it. You might be surprised. And I'm sure they will appreciate you being upfront with them. Bonus if you offer any to them.

3. Yea that's definitely a no go

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Youre going to smell it regardless dont underestimate how stinky a weed plant can get and its smell usually hangs in the air.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Sounds like growing won't be an option for you until you're in a more suitable living space. The smell will be noticeable and draw attention. If it could cost you your living space, or bring legal trouble, it's not worth the risk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The attitude where you think a carbon filter is overkill is one you need to ditch.
    They don't cost that much, and not only do they EFFECTIVELY eliminate smell, they also clean the air too.
    Obviously you won't be doing this in the space you share with your neighbour, but you want to keep it discreet...so, tent. fans. carbon filter. Will cost you up front, but get things done and keep you somewhat safe.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cost is why it's overkill bud...

8. I would never grow where someone else has access. But yes, it smells A LOT. I wouldn’t do it if I were you. It’s not worth it for a plant or two. Good luck

Peace

9. Overkill is...like...taking measures that are not necessary towards an objective - my point there, is that a carbon filter IS very much neccessary in your situation - You have outlined this yourself.
    You don't have to like it, but...hopes and dreams that things won't smell don't amount to shit.
    Get yourself a carbon filter then the only thing you'll have to worry about is your lungs getting scared of breathing air they can't see (reference, anyone?), or someone physically stumbling across the plants themselves.

Don't spare expenses on this shit - fuck the cost.
    You smoke right? Take a T break.
    If you drink alcohol, or smoke cigs, give your body a break and your wallet a boost.
    Save a few bucks here and there...even getting coffee out on a regular basis adds up a lot over a month.
    If you're not prepared to do this and take the time and money you need, then you're not ready.
    Just being honest, man. It is what it is - Your security is paramount.
    Here: Welcome to Phat Filter | Phat Filter

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hes right man

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1