Smell?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by deeeznuttz, Mar 8, 2017.

1. HOw do i deal with the smell in late fllowering? it's stinking up like 3 rooms... I have a carbon filter only 3 flowering plants...

2. how do you have the carbon filter setup, pushing or pulling?
    what size fan / filter are you using, in what sized space?

3. Sucks to live without freedom doesn't it? As for me I stink up my yard, and my nieghbor's yards and I don't give a fuck lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 8 inch fan pulling.. and i think my flowering setup is 3'x8'

5. Well i have my card... other's dont... On top of that probably have a bit more then your suppose to have with a card

• Like Like x 1
  6. I just stank up the neighbor dry this week. I hate it that I have kids that live next door! Oh well it's legal and I've had a med card

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. you could always try, i've never personally done so, and have online seen it online, so i can't attest to the results, try and build a diy scrubber..
    take a 5 gallon bucket, drill a bunch of holes at the top 1/3 of said bucket, add some ona gel and water into the bucket.. keep the water level below the holes you drilled obviously.. get a fan that will fit on the top of the lid to the bucket, cut a hole, and attach.. the bucket and fan should pull the dirty, smelly air from the grow into the bucket, and into the ona mix, scrubbing the smell in the process. again, this is only something i've read online..
    i'd think an 8 inch fan paired with an 8 inch carbon filter should do the job fine, so long as you're not using some cheap chinese brand carbon filter and rather a well known brand.. i personally use phresh, i think they were once called phat.. i can recommend this brand from my experience.. i need a new filter now, but it has done a good job in about a 3 x 3 x 6 grow space for me for a good few years up till now..
    lastly, you'll want a fan that is rated at about 3x's the cfm as the grow space that you're running it in. mixing say an 8 inch fan with a 6 inch filter is not recommended..

• Like Like x 1
  8. sounds like your filter is setup improperly or it's too small. I don't smell anything unless I'm right next to my plants.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 8" fan is not small for that room size. Check for leaks from ducting and from the tent/room. Also make sure everything is tape up well with aluminum tape and do a few layers. There shouldn't be any smell if you have a carbon filter/scrubber unless there is a leak or your carbon scrubber is overdue. Carbon subbed usually last for a few years but check on that and for leaks or holes in the ducting.

10. OOOOOOOO you gonna get in trouble! I'm telling mommy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. it sounds like your filter isn't working if its smelling that bad. i have a thresh filter and I'm growing 3 plants as well and occasionally get a smell. ONA gel is some good stuff. i have the spray and the gel. I need to make one of those buckets like someone said. id get a better filter first, i think thats a big part of your problem. if you get the ONA gel or any of their products, their original kind or smell kind of has a smell that might make someone question the smell. its more of a chemical smell? if i could go back id get a different smelling one like linen, something that would blend in or has a better smell. it kills the smell though