Smell!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nickkkkkk420, Nov 28, 2012.

1. If I am growing a single marijuana plant. Not the best quality either. If I'm growing it out of my closet and keep windows open all the time with fans blowing the smell outside. Also I have a bunch of timed air fresheners. Will the plant make the whole house stink even if I'm blowing the smell outside. Also will people walking past my house, Or somebody two houses down or across the street, be able to smell the plant. Even if its just one low quality plant?

2. Is there a way around it?

3. [quote name='"nickkkkkk420"']

Is there a way around it?[/quote]

Carbon filter.

Your house will stink from one plant.
    Your neighbors will notice.
    You will get busted.

A carbon filter doesn't move the smell around or mask it, it REMOVES it. Which is the best way to do it. Get an airtight grow space, and a carbon filter/good fan combo.

4. And for a carbon filter to work, you'll need to grow in a sealed box.

5. Where can I get a cheap carbon filter?

6. Whats your overall budget?

7. 40$$ maybe 60

8. Do you think a carbon filter would work in my setup? I have no ventilation right now, just an oscillating fan blowing on them. It's not 100% airtight when I close the doors. Would I be better off with an ONA bucket or w/e?

9. [quote name='"CanadianBuds"']Do you think a carbon filter would work in my setup? I have no ventilation right now, just an oscillating fan blowing on them. It's not 100% airtight when I close the doors. Would I be better off with an ONA bucket or w/e?[/quote]

Yes your better off with a ona bucket, if your space isnt airtight with a good inline fan as your exhaust then a carbon filter will not work.. Read that OP, i have no faith in your grow

10. depends, is anybody going to be suspicious of a fan on high 24/7?

11. Yeah I thought so, can't really afford to drop like $150 on a fan and filter anyway. I'll just spread a couple ONA buckets around the room :D

12. [quote name='"CanadianBuds"']

Yeah I thought so, can't really afford to drop like $150 on a fan and filter anyway. I'll just spread a couple ONA buckets around the room :D[/quote]

I made a carbon filter for under 15 bucks, it worked great for me, ona buckets are kinda expensive in my area depending on the size

13. Yeah what kind of fan is it on though? From what I've heard carbon filters are useless unless you have a $100+ inline fan, and i'm planning on just using an inline duct fan (About $30)

14. You know those computer fans? Yeah i used a 4 inch one, i got it from my robotics team so it was not your average 4inch inline fan, it was heavy duty, we may have completely different setups though mine was only a 1 plant 150watt grow

15. Look up "ona gel" it's one of the strongest smell deodorizers, and it's rather cheap, just pop holes in the top and leave by your plants

16. Thanks man! I looked it up and studied about it and it seems that it'll be alot cheaper and have the same effectiveness as a carbon filter!

17. Get a ozon generator. This should take care of the issue in the room

18. Can't I'm so broke right now! I plan on getting 20$ tomorrow and another 20 wensday and that's About all the money I can get for a while. I know the smell won't start too bad till flowering which gives me some time but I need to spend money on other things too.