Smell-Resistant Containers

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by RROG, Mar 16, 2011.

1. #1 RROG, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
    Not looking to stop a drug dog. Just the tell-tale smell to humans. Is there a package that can be used for transport? Like a bag?

Most plastic seems to leak smell over time.

Thanks

2. Mason jar /thread

3. Right... My fault.. I should have clarified small... Like a bag. I'll amend my original post.

4. tightvac makes some small containers but if you are looking for baggie wise i have no clue

5. I looked at the tite vac a while ago. They may be tite, but there's very little "vac" I looked at them for storage under vacuum, but they're not suitable.

I really appreciate your replies. I figure there must be some smell resistant plastic out there.

6. there are small glass containers that you can get at like hobby stores that are like an inch in diameter and two inches tall they have a rubber clip seal that would be best for size but bags just check your LHS

7. Smelly Proof Bags, should be at your LHS. There cheap as balls and work wonders.
    [​IMG]

8. I'll be darned... Thanks! I'll check them out

9. I have used the smelly proof bags before and they only blocked the smell for a few days. Mason jars are the way to go for sure smell proofing. I use a half pint jar about the size of my fist.

10. i wuld just use vac seal bags those are probly more spendy because the name on the bag.or just go normal zip lock if its for resistant and nothing more. mason jars are best to keep your buds fresh other then freezing them..

11. I'm going to check them out. I suspect the weakness is the seals or the handler spreading the scent to the bag surface and the area around the opening. Maybe. I'll have a try.

12. Doesn't freezing your bud just dry them out? I live in MN too and when I leave my bud in my car during winter I can definitely tell its been frozen.

13. like vac seal then freeze to store for months. wont store them in your car in the hot during summer messes up quality

14. You don't notice and difference in you bud after it has been frozen? I use a mason jar so its air tight and I notice a difference, i guess there is air trapped in there so that could make a difference.

15. depending on how long but you wont loss much potency if even at all.

edit.. as dark rooms no light. not very humid.

16. I just feel like why freeze it because it can't do it any good.

17. Don't go for the tight-vac. I bought one because they weren't too expensive and seemed like a good idea but it was a piece of shit. Wasn't really air tight and the thing broke within the first two weeks.

18. BoxCar I agree. That's what I figured and why I didn't buy. I went with mason jars and a vac pump. Super vacuum and things stay fresh for going on two years. Super cheap and super effective. I have yet to see a better method to store long term. My original question was for short-term carrying around but for long term, a vacuum in a jar in the dark and cool is optimal. I'm not crazy about freezing.

19. Anyone try the mVessel. I have a Tightvac, I actually do like it it holds my pipe, grinder, and a 420 jar. It's perfect for the center console of my car and it does reduce the smell a lot. I don't know how thought the thing doesn't seem airtight at all.

However, this is a link to the mVessel. mVessel

It looks perfect for just holding herb. Eventually you will have some odor leaving it just because opening and closing it is going to contaminate the seal and the outside of it. However what is inside shouldn't be smelled at all by normal humans.

20. mVessel looks interesting. Not crazy about the silicone cap, though. All-glass would be cool