Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smell-resistant bong water?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ChrisPark, Mar 17, 2012.

1. #1 ChrisPark, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
    Is there anything I can use as bong water so that it doesn't smell like complete ass after a few rips? I tried lemonade crystal light (no sugar to be sticky) and I noticed less offensive smell. Anything else that'd be better...?
    I *always* use new water before smoking. I just strongly dislike the smell, that's all.

2. bleach , just kidding.dont do that

3. Anything that might be better would be worse in other ways, like making your bong much harder to clean and probably therefore eventually smellier. :p

Just change your bong water more often. :confused_2:

4. Are you afraid of the smell or something? Just bear with it and then empty out the water once you're done.

5. I will never understand people who don't empty their bong after every session.

6. Edit in my OP:

"I *always* use new water before smoking. I just strongly dislike the smell, that's all."

I usually smoke for several hours when I use a bong so that's why I'm asking. I'd rather not change the water every hour etc.

7. Changing the water as often as is necessary to have a clean hit is preferable (to me) to having a bong that is much harder to clean because I used a sticky substance in it instead of water to try to cut down on the smell.

Water is your best bet, dude. Change it as often as you feel necessary.

8. Ugh I was hoping for other answers than the above. Maybe I'll just have to fill up a couple 34oz Nalgene's and keep them in my room for that purpose.

9. I use clean water for every session, and I don't let used water sit in the bong for longer than a few hours, which it sound like you already do. Seems to be clean enough for me, I don't even have to clean the bong very often, it doesn't get dirty very fast if you don't let the water start to become stagnant.

If you're really picky about the smell, sounds like you might just have to clean your piece more often. Maybe putting a few drops of lemon juice in there might help? Or something similar, do some research maybe you'll come up with something.

10. Get an ash catcher.

11. Oh hey, there's a good suggestion! Add a carbon filter too? Win for you! :cool: