Smell problem need help...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by realdealz28, Dec 31, 2016.

1. #1 realdealz28, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    OK so I have carbon filter all bells and whistles but helping for smell never works if Yu grow big enough to require an AC in there with it....
    Bc the AC has to have exhaust (I know I need ductless mini split I will get one day soon just don't have 2k at moment to drop)... If you put a filter over it (I tried home made one but not real one)... But if the carbon filter isn't free flowing enough the air that's suppose to be blowing out backs up and comes back in room shutting down AC bc over heating.... Which I know I want it blowing out but I figured I make carbon filter with activated charcoal and stick outside the window where comes out bc no one sees, maybe would work but, no backed up.... So hopefully I can get a real not home made carbon filter and it will let it flow enough to go through it bc doesn't push hard, any resistance and it turns around back in the room not going outside.....

Someone has had to figured this out.... If I had carbon filter that flowed really well I might could place outside window and build box cage around to let air flow out but keep rain off filter and weather....

If there was an inline filter instead of just one connector hole two like muffler, then I might could put btw unit and wall.... But whole issue is flowing free enough for the exhaust on the AC can still flow right out.... Thanks everyone maybe we can help me figure out something....Bc I'm going through to much Ona jars

2. The solution has been figured out my friend!!!
    It's a mini split. Lol
    They aren't 20k and you should be able to install most of it yourself minus the electrical.

3. That's one the first things I said was I know I need a ductless mini split AC but I don't have 2000$ to spend bc when I do get I might as well get dual room so I can do my living room too... You can get single room for about $800....

O and I'm talking about cheap eBay China brand..
    Name brand $4000-10,000 is all lol...

I'm needing a solution for this other AC till I can afford buying the cheap Chinese brand off eBay.... But my cousin Jack all trades master none.... And I'm pretty smart I know we can install watched video already.... But like I said I need now solution...

I live off road pretty good and it's only where the exhaust blows out.... And the fifty ft perimeter around it....

But until I get money I'm hoping they Something we can figure out...

Thanks for trying though BUDdy I really appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry that was typo whoops was suppose to be 2k not 20k ....Lol wow yeah that would be crazy

• Like Like x 1
  5. We put in a 4 zone 36K BTU ductless mini split heat pump & AC this fall to both heat and cool our home.

I have $9,000.00 into it. You will also never get a warrantee worth anything if you don't have it installed by a licensed HVAC guy.

J

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah that's why I buy eBay Chinese brand if messes up guess gotta take fall.... My next place will be more easier to get someone professional to install bcill have it installed before I move grow room to....I have permanent room no tents with hidden door in closet... So I can't just ask them to go in there and install it lol... Feel me....

But I watched the you tube videos they show step by step and swear I can do it.... And my cousin basically electrition.... His dad is license but I can't ask him but son does that work to but never went to school but he's good.... He helped me build my whole room....I put ideas on paper and $ he put together for 2oz while I worked.... But he also helps me I help him.... But he's Jack of all trades and master of none lol....

• Like Like x 1
  7. You'll need to be able to flare the end of soft brass lines for connections - once all is connected you've gotta pressure test lines. Freon basically (at least in our Daiken setup) comes loaded into the outdoor unit - so once pressure tested (he also pumped Nitrogen? Through the lines which picks up any particles), and then vacuumed the lines completely of every little thing - its pretty much a matter of releasing the Freon into the lines.

I'm not an HVAC guy but did just install our 4 head (one 18K BTU unit in large addition/kitchen, one 9K BTU unit in cellar, one 9K in living room and one in bedroom) setup with my HVAC guy so I've got a good idea as to how it goes - so hit me up if u run into any glitches.

This thing heats our 225+ year old farmhouse pretty well - I've had it running just fine in sub zero (-17 degrees) temperatures - but I do use our woodstove just to help save electricity. Not only that I really like the heat that I get from the woodstove.
    We are really really looking forward to the air-conditioning. We've never had air-conditioning here before and it can get pretty uncomfortable sleeping at night, so now that we are starting to get a little older it's going to be a definite bonus. Good luck with your installation and like I said if you run into any snags's or snafus give me a shout.

J

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wow yeah we have the tool to do that... Can't wait to get the one im getting... Yeah it does heat and air both...
    Hey got question... Are there head units kinda like head unit in hotel?.... Like are the vents stretched out across several feet...
    . Do you think it would be possible to place one those in the middle of room and then build wall to split the room and have it land directly in middle of vents splitting them half going to one side and half to another since it such small area don't think worth getting another unit... Talking about splitting extra bed room thanks may sound stupid but idk

9. I guess the only solution is a mini split... Be nice I'll be able to run co² in summer too then...

I was hoping someone had figured something out...

I'm wondering how others in world grow big without releasing smell everywhere when using any ac other than mini split.. In theory even the central heat and air that comes through the vents in the floor it's not stealing off either because it has to have a return which pumps out smell in to there too

10. Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about - I'd have to think it would work? You'd have to make sure there was clearance for the vent Louver to open and close - at least mine does automatically...

Mine has a "Smart" eye on it - it will detect presence in the room - and automatically redirect the louver so that it isn't blowing direct on you - or if it doesn't detect movement in the room for 20 minutes it will automatically switch to economy mode - pretty hi tech and cool.

Here's a pic of the 9,000 BTU unit in my living room...

IMG_1547.JPG

The whole deal runs off of remote control - with a hundred different options, timers, settings lol

J

11. Ona jars works great till to far into budding...I was using the big gallon ones to fur extra smell... It's basically dried up and I've reused it twice maybe I should get a new gallon ona and stick in there only choice till mini split I think....
    Looking like I'm gonna have $2500 in a Chinese brand 18kbtu with 2 9k heads and everything needed to install

• Like Like x 1
  12. O yeah I can split that with thin wall great

13. And they work good... Know you only tried heat but that suppose to be it's weakest thing... Does it heat good bc I've had to put propane Mr heater in my living room and bed room... The grow room off during day I have new ceramic space heater in thermo plug comes on when drop below 52... Got purps that says want that temp... So I really don't need heat in there as it never comes on....
    But only other key I have is electric furnace in hallway the outside unit supposed to be hooked up with copper lines I don't have one so that's all the heat I have and it cost a lot to run the furnace in the hallway probably the emergency furnace is what that is not sure just know that the copper lines going to the two ton unit doesn't have a unit there anymore lines just cut... So if this heats good then that's great... Also I'm in mobile home so I wondering if it has to go on ceiling if so that OK will work and probably take less room

14. You may not care but I have two great solutions for that exhaust hole that wouldnt look so grow.... Dark room vents I bought few this time for summer running.... Or they make just standard vents with louvers but they let light through the dark room vents don't if you don't have direct light hitting them otherwise they meant to use in boxed or framed in wall do something on each side to keep light from directly hitting vents then no light comes through but let's air flow through but does slow down... If you do I suggest getting the one with fan attached that way your exhaust still works

15. We are in Maine and the temps can go well below zero. For those nights I'm glad I have my woodstove.

For most days and nights 10 to 15 degrees and above the heat pump does its job just great. We just live in a very old farmhouse that some rooms insulated good and some not - but overall I'm very happy with the heat this thing puts out. I bet you're comfortable and especially in a smaller trailer.

They should be mounted just below (6" to 10" below) the ceiling to work best - especially for cooling since cold air settles lower - if not floor might get cool and top half not - at least "for best results"...

J

16. Yes stays get cozy...I keep thermostat on 62... Then if get cold I turn the propane on which is used allot this time of year.... But believe or not it had gotten really warm outside... So back to what say ,I was running the ac look like crazy other day