Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smell of weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by QueensOfDStoner, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I have been a little paranoid lately, regarding the smell of weed "traveling" or filtering somehow out of my apartment.

Me and my wife used to be very careful at the beginning, placing towels under our bedroom door, using sploofs and using a lot of inciense. I think we spent more money on inciense than on weed. But like 2 months ago we just stopped buying them. We usually light up a joint late at night, "locking up" the apartment, closing all existing windows and we only do it in our room.

My landlord lives upstairs (this is a two story house), he has mentioned that he never gets bothered by noise or anything (our room is kind of located far from his room and his living room, where he usually "hangs out") the point is that maybe if he apparently can't hear no loud TV's with cartoons or COD at night, loud sex and music 'cause he has never complained about it, I wonder if the same happens with the weed smoke...

If it "stays" inside the room?

Or is the smell that strong???? Do we need the inciense again? :D

Thank you :smoke:

2. no one on here can tell you. we cant see the layout of the house and whatnot . but it's always better to be safe then sorry just smoke outside or start using a sploof again and you should be fine.

3. It depends on the marijuana, one time I went down into the basement to smoke while my wife had company over, and it only took 30 seconds before I heard banging on the floor because she knew exactly what I was up to.

Some weed can be very smelly.

My guess is, he most likely has smelled it before, and if he hasn't said anything, doesn't really mind, smoke only has one place to go -- up.

Do you have an exhaust fan in your bathroom? Could smoke in there with the exhaust fan on, will suck it up and out of the house. That or blowing out the window / smoking outside.

Not sure if this actually works but funny scene :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EERwXZpDHlM[/ame]

4. you probley should go on the safe side and just smoke outside because before i started smoking i smelled weed througout the building so now me and my cousin just go in my storage unit and blaze.

5. I dont think there any need for incense, especially if your spending that much on it. When i was a teenager i used a sploof and had the shower running and the fan going and was never caught.

6. #6 QueensOfDStoner, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    thanks for the advice... and the video too :) I'm about to get a vape now too so its a lot less smoke than with the usual joint. I hope that helps my cause.

I'm just a little paranoid about it, on the other hand, they are these old christian people, the hairy legs kind, they are called "pentecostales" so I really pray to god if they have smelled it they just don't recognize it or something

7. Some smart entrepenuer needs to build an effective "air scrubber" that just sits in your room. IDK maybe they already exist. If they do I'm surprised they don't market the shit out of them on the various mj sites.

8. Try blowing it out of a window or just trap all the smoke in one room that has a window to get out dont let it linger around the house

9. you should probvally move your smoking spot, that seems like the least convienient one ever

10. The shower and steam help kill the smell.

11. #11 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    NO! ^^

GET a window fan!! and put it in teh window, and put both fans to exhaust, so it blows outside. Smoke near the fan and leave it on for a while after, maybe opening a window across the house to let in more fresh air.

Joints stink!! Be careful with this.

12. this for truth i do it all the time in the summer no smell ever and i smoke mad weed

13. Just use a vape, then you don't have to worry about it.

14. What I do in my dorm to prevent the smoke from going out and up is I smoke in my room with a towel under the door and a fan pointing out an open window. Smoke the joiint or whatever close to the fan and just blow the smoke into the fan sending it right outside. Guaranteed no smell! pretty simple :p

15. Shit, with a vaporizer, you wouldn't even smell it in the other room! Serious.