Smell of the weed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jakes Mo Moneya, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Im a nebie when it comes to growing but im a pothead no questions asked. lately ive beens moking more than i can afford like a zip a week. i have heard many things over the smell of the grass, but if i grow the plant in a closet that just has enough room for the hydro setup. what can i do about the smell if ther is. and will my parents be able to smell the plant from downstairs?

2. u should be good, as long as the box is air tight i'd say or if u got a fan or two in ur room circulating air, open windows possibly, just have somehting like incense or a candle to cover it up...

3. You can also build your own carbon filter. Get a cheap ass (small) fan, a soda can, a carbon filter, and some cotton balls. And duct tape, forgot about duct tape. Cut the can in half, and poke a bunch of holes in the bottom. Discard the top half. Shove the carbon filter topped by cotton balls in the bottom part of the can with the holes, and then tape it to the fan, and turn the fan on, voila.

4. Hell yeah your parents will smell it from downstairs. Your whole house will stink like buds if you get a strong smellin strain. You need a good carbon scrub (you can build one yourself, but that soda can idea prolly won't be enough), and in some cases even a carbon scrub won't be 100%... Some strains are especially stinky and need more than just the carbon, they need either an ozone generator/carbon scrub or an ionizer/carbon scrub... ozone will prolly take care of most the stink though, but ozone generators are expensive.

Also... Don't grow in your parent's house man... If you get caught, THEY get fucked - not you. Wait until you move out on your own before you decide to do something that's so illegal. Would you want your folks to go to jail, and lose everything they've worked so hard for because you decided to grow?

5. I agree with that. ^^