Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smell-less herb!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by El_quinto, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Alright, so a tip for all apprentices and seasoned tokers alike, a recipe for completely smell-free weed that is as potent as before.

What you need:
    1-) your weed, nugs or ground up
    2-) warm-hot water
    3-) airtight plastic bag with holes poked in top (yes I know this defeats 'airtight' but both are important, as you will see)
    4-) optional heat gun

Preface: as many of you know, the terpenes or essential oils of cannabis are what infuse it with any of the pine, lemon, spice, sugar, diesel, or sour aromas given off after a cure. We will be steam curing our weed to evaporate these terpenes for a potent, smell-less herb.

IMPORTANT: this can involve open flames or hot water. Be extremely careful! No risks of burning or damaging your weed though, so relax. Do in a well ventilated room.

Terpenes: alright so there are 3 main groups of terpenoids , sometimes more, depending on who you ask-but we aren't going in to that. The first two groups are mainly responsible for the scent, and evaporate at 70 and 87 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively. The third group only smells when the weed is smoked or vaporized, and gives weed an aftertaste. It can also be purged by heating to 105 degrees Fahrenheit.

Steps:
    1-) place weed in plastic bag , fill with air 3/4ths full.
    2-) submerge in boiling water, allowing the air inside to heat to the appropriate temps for 5-10 seconds.
    3-) poke holes near top to allow the hot air to escape so you won't burn yourself
    4-) remove weed and transport, stash , or enjoy anywhere! Smell free!! :)

Note: for 100% smell and taste free, use hot water. Never boiling though. For 99% smell free weed that retains taste, use lukewarm water.

Great for herb OR weed meant for oil, edibles, or dabs .

Hope everyone can enjoy this as I have! Cheers

2. I would literally never do this to my weed. Is this ultimate trolling?

• Like Like x 1
  3. look he has an air tight bag with holes poked in it ready to dip his stash in his avatar

4. I would quite smoking before ruining smoking.

• Like Like x 2
  5. It would work for illegal activity but useless otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Are you dead serious? I'm fairly certain all the thc would be gone off your bud if you heated it up that up. It gets absorbed through your skin cells when you're handling it. It's not the most sturdy thing in the world.

7. This does not seem practical

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Dude...I'm sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous. THC-A must first decarboxylate as a precursor to THC. Second, this must happen at temperatures of several hundred degrees Fahrenheit, no way ANY is lost with temps this low. THC is extremely sturdy my friend. Please don't try to tell me THC will be 'absorbed' at temps this low. How do you think BHO is made? It goes from -40 F to 200F with NO degradation of THC or CBD. These are universally accepted facts. Don't comment if you don't know what you're talking about. Peace

• Like Like x 1
  9. This does not hurt your weed at all, I did it for years to hide that certain activity from the wifey lol. This is meant to aid medical users who are not confident that their use will be well received by someone in their life, and for this I think it is an invaluable asset. If you don't need it, then of course, you're not going to do it. but please respect that this information has a purpose and it can appeal to and aid medical users in certain scenarios.

Peace

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dood, no offense, but holy shit.

11. This thread needs to get deleted before someone tries this and ruins their weed

12. Thats not a bad idea...

Apparently my vaporizer can do 122 degrees, low temp prevaping?

My girlfriend uses for medical purposes but cant use it discreetly when around her family when it smells so strongly. For this reason and others she prefers wax, but when that isnt available, i might have to prevape some.

Thanks man

• Like Like x 1
  13. idk about that, man...it seems legit if done right. Not that I'd want to ruin the taste & smell by doing it, but I could see situations (e.g. medical users in a place that is less-than-accepting of cannabis) where this might be helpful...

...besides, censorship is wrong :D

14. This is deal for long term storage. If it's being accessed a lot try just a jar.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum