Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smell Free Cannabutter method

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Marijuana Surveyor, Feb 3, 2014.

1.  So I made some cannabutter with a method I saw on youtube that was relatively smell free and easy. 

Step one. Get a pot and fill it with about 1 inch of water. And heat water to 240 degrees fahrenheit. (THC evaporates at around 350 degrees fahrenheit, but still hot enough to decarboxylate the THC)

Step two. Fill a mason jar with herb and butter, then place jar lid on and put in water. (I use a half gram for every tablespoon of butter)

Step three. Let that jar sit in the water for about 30-60 minutes, periodically removing cap to release pressure. (I find that with small batches it is not necessary to cook it longer than 60 minutes, at this point all the beneficial chemicals from your herb will be absorbed into the butter. Leaving it cooking longer than this may increase THC by the .1 but at the expense of less CBD)

Step four. Open jar and place cheesecloth or a coffee filter over the jar and place the rim of the lid on. Strain into a container and then refrigerate until solid. (Mason jar lids come in 2 pieces, use the rim piece that holds on the main lid)

Original video I learned the method from is here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXf6y-VzkRM

You can use a "T-bag style pouch" made from cheesecloth if you wish, it makes straining easier.

2. He I just did this with a half o. How'd yours turn out

I jerk off inside books and give life to words