smart stoners...?

Discussion in 'General' started by MrLanky, May 2, 2006.

1. If you're so smart, why is your grammar so bad?

2. Fuck grammar lol..its that simple. Intelligence is not measured by how a person puts together words..that means nothing. I was probably high when I wrote that post since i see commas in weird places xD

3. Just because you did well at school doesn't always mean your smart though...

4. I had/have a 4.0 hs gpa and a decent 1990 SAT score with minimal effort. I'm the smartest in my class, but ranked third because keeping a 4.0 while not doing homework = success. I don't need to beat the two people that actually care to prove anything.
    I also believe success in school does not correlate with intelligence. It's all short term memorization bullshit.
    I like to think of myself as "smart", but by no means am I a savant/genius. I just pay attention and learn from others and my own mistakes.

5. 2130 SAT for what its worth

6. I like to consider myself pretty smart, i do dumb things when i hang out with friends because i don't really think things over that well but we usually get out of them rather easily and have a bunch of stories of "Remember that time you duct taped jake drunk to a telephone pole and left him? He couldnt get out of it and he was still there 4 hours later when we happened to drive down that road again." We used 15 rolls of duct tape on him, and it took us 30 minutes to get him out of it in case anyone wanted to know how that story ended. It was okay, we bought him lunch after we got him free.

7. Lol dude that could have gone horribly wrong what if he got jumped by some gang bangers xD

8. We live in the middle of fucking nowhere country land. The worse that could have happened is a redneck driving down the road stop and offer help. People around these parts are nice and salt of the earth god-fearing types.

9. that sounds like a very safe place to live and grow marijuanaananaanaaa

10. I'm a toker that happens to be intelligent but don't you know that there are several different types of intelligence such as book smart, emotional, natural (I'd explain more of this) and physical.

There's people who are better at one type than the others and there's people that have all 4 of them on point (like me lol) but I think what most people don't have is natural intelligence aka spiritual which is able to see and think of an different perspective of the world without somebody telling them, solving problems, don't get fooled easily, getting out of sticky situation, mostly independent people go through this.

Emotional intelligence is the ability to tell how the person is feeling, analyzing body language without asking sort of like psychology, women have strength in this but also men as well so don't feel doubted. Marijuana doesn't hinder my ability in reach in getting good grades; in fact every project I've done high was a fucking hit and I always make sure I get my work done before I blaze so I'm not lazy only when that dank hits me.

11. Nailed it.

I'm naturally intelligent I suppose. I don't really apply myself in school though, even though it's been said many times that if I did I'd be "at the top" of my class.

12. GPA and IQ tests don't prove intelligence. Life experiences and having an open mind to learn and teach would be the most important imo.

13. [quote name='"Xylocepter"']GPA and IQ tests don't prove intelligence. Life experiences and having an open mind to learn and teach would be the most important imo.[/quote]

You can have a great life but be dumb as a brick. I agree though, gpa is how hard you try and iq tests are how logical you are

I think that tests are made for people with "left brain" talents, like theres no way to test someone to see if they have the potential to be the next guitar god. So "genius" is biased towards the more logical studies of math and science

14. I'm pretty fuckin' smart.:cool:

15. [quote name='"Danonymous"']

You can have a great life but be dumb as a brick. I agree though, gpa is how hard you try and iq tests are how logical you are

I think that tests are made for people with "left brain" talents, like theres no way to test someone to see if they have the potential to be the next guitar god. So "genius" is biased towards the more logical studies of math and science[/quote]

Yeah i agree with what ur saying. I can't really explain what I mean by life experiences. Its like someone who does a lot with their life would be more intelligent than someone who doesn't do much at all. Just keep an open mind and explore life. Do you kinda see what I mean? Its hard to explain.