smart stoners...?

Discussion in 'General' started by MrLanky, May 2, 2006.

1. #101 ChiiDank, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    I didn't mind it all that much, the only bad thing was I didnt have one friend in any one my classes for about 7 years.. Not one. I think I developed some social problems because of it.. But whatever, im not complaining.. But hey congrats to your brother much respect..

2. + rep :smoking:

3. I am one myself :devious:

4. last year my best class (92%) was academic science which i showed up to baked every day of the semester (it was the class right after lunch)

5. Ok, I've been smoking since I was 11. When I turned 15 years of age I took the SAT and scored a 1540 out of 1600. The ironic part of what you just read is that I was REALLY:smoking: blazed when I took that thing I was so afraid I was going to do bad (like really bad im talking like 750s here boys n' girls). Second time i took it i scored a 1555 in my senior year.

Moral of the story is that smoking doesn't kill brain cells (mine at least) for a heavy marijuana smoker like myself.

6. this guy at our school won the boetcher scholarship, coca cola scholarship, was offered a full ride to juliard, and drops dose all the time and smokes a ton and drinks all the time.

7. #107 Postal Blowfish, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    im sure it has a temporary affect on your brain. the brain encompasses a lot, it might not be strictly cognitive. it could maybe have an affect on emotions or your general preferences that might seem like it's a cognitive change. i dont think it inhibits your ability to form thoughts or reason, more likely that it changes your approach such that you think somewhat "out of the box" more naturally than when sober.

don't get me wrong, sometimes out of the box is really stupid. i could probably list a dozen threads from the last week or two that demonstrate this but i will spare them their shame. :)

it's how people conduct their lives once they are smoking that decides what "civilians" think. if most of us smoke, get lazy, and never make anything of ourselves as we smoke our days away, then people are gonna say it fucks up life. if on the other hand, we smoke, relax, and then prioritize it as a short term "get-a-away", and then run our life responsibility no one would have any reason to think negatively about it.

8. I dont think weed effects your intelligence, just your personality and creativity. There are all kinds of stoners but the stereotypical one is the one that is getting in trouble or stupid. I'd say im pretty intelligent and am a cannabis user :smoking:

9. I definitely told the wrong guy, then like half the school knew I was a stoner.

To answer the thread I consider myself rather smart, I love me a good debate.

10. 1st off go do your research, it doesn't kill braincells. It's already proven that it enhances it. Those people who are below average, would have been below average if they didn't smoke either. Because somebody smokes, doesn't mean it's gonna affect their studies, unless they abuse the substance.

11. I don't know about smart... but i got great test scores, especially vocabulary. I got really stoned before a vocabulary test, which i hadn't looked at the words before hand (i decided to not do homework that week), and aced it only missing 2 out of about 70-75 questions.(?) I had barely started getting into pot at the time, and that experience gave me the confidence that i could smoke and do good in school. And i've been smokin on a daily for about 3 years now? :D

I don't know if this is smart... or extremely stupid... but it was a lot of fun. :) There was an essay where i had to describe an event of my life, so i wrote out the entire scene of Empire where Luke meets Yoda but replaced Luke with myself. I thought it was hilarious, my friends thought it was hilarious, but i guess the teacher didn't since she gave it the lowest grade possible haha

Other than that, i've aimed for mediocrity all my life. WOOT!

(p.s. my math aint too bad neither ;))

12. professional IQ test when i was 8 - 167

professional IQ test when i 13 (started smoking at 11) - 166

there is a pretty sizable degree of error with those tests, but i mean i started smoking at a crucial time in my brain's development. if anything, it's made me 'smarter' in that i'm more open and curious :confused_2:

13. are you for real illadelph?
    like i never ever considered you dumb, but god damn you are smart lol.
    mine is like 138, and that still makes me feel like a genius compared to your average person. i'm actually glad i'm not smarter. i can't imagine how you feel on a daily basis.
    fuck me i'm drunk off skippy.

14. I consider myself smart. I've always done very good on standardized testing but shitty in school...but was shitty in school well before I smoked weed. I think anybody can be smart in a way there's just so many factors as to what makes somebody smart or not smart. I also believe I'm very knowledgeable on a variety of subjects which makes me smart in my own right. And yea weed doesn't decrease intelligence...only the person does.

For me weed made me much smarter in many areas I gained an interest in when I started smoking but made me stupider in like math because I stopped caring about that but I'm still very good when it comes to math that I feel is actually useful for me.

I mean some people are more naturally gifted in certain areas but that doesn't mean others can't make up for it in others especially if they care about those things.

15. Being "smart" is a nonexistent label made by the educational system n governments to. ..... damn i lost my train of thoughts :smoke: anyone wanna finish that...

16. [quote name='"badboy287"']Being "smart" is a nonexistent label made by the educational system n governments to. ..... damn i lost my train of thoughts :smoke: anyone wanna finish that...[/quote]

You were talking about tits, please continue...

I guess I'm smart. Most of my friends are too. My memory is fucked, though. People tell me shit all the time at work, and I'll need to pass the info on to other people. Twenty minutes later, I'll try to recall what I was supposed to say, and just leave out half of the details. It comes to me eventually, but pretty slow. Could probably improve this with some memory exercises, though.

17. Soi where would i go about taking an IQ test? i want to take one sober and one baked lol

18. My friend is such a good kid in school. All the smart people look up to him n shit and noone would ever guess hes a stoner. But yeah. Im pretty smart stoned.

19. To a degree I believe its something like this: there are dumb, undisciplined, happy idiots out there that happen to smoke weed, thus perpetuating the stigma of a stoner. On the opposite end of this spectrum there are intelligent, motivated visionaries that happen to smoke as well. But face it, all stoners fall under the umbrella of the latter. You know, lazy people are born every day - some of them get high and contribute to the stereotype. I feel like you should have to earn the right to be a stoner sometimes. Quite the cynic I suppose.

20. IQ isn't everything, i don't consider myself to be all that smart. i mean yes, definitely more so than the average person.. but there's still so much i can know/learn.