smart stoners...?

Discussion in 'General' started by MrLanky, May 2, 2006.

1. From my experiences, stoners are more intelligent than the non-smoker. They're smart enough to look past the ignorance and false propaganda about weed so that shows something right there, to me. I'm smart enough to realize that being high on weed makes everything in life better

2. I have the answer to Dairy Mans ?, Lyoto Machida is a UFC mma fighter, he just fought Forest Griffin in January. He probably smokes the good herb every once on a good day too. :rolleyes:

3. dude if being stoned makes you dumb dont do drugs\
    or look our wonderful legal alternatives such as the purple drank.. try doin yo homework on thats

4. i am da smert.
    i consider myself smart and i know some other people who are smart stoners too. they just don't let it known publicly that they are stoners because they are smart.

5. how r babby formd?

6. mm, I think some people just fall into the stereotype, my brother was captain of the Hi-q team and I was on it, and another friend I knew had a 4.3 gpa (not joking)

7. this is an old thread but im going to say this anyway. :smoking:
    On the test to see if marijuana kills brain cells they put monkeys in a totaly hotboxed room for hours. When they took the monkeys out, the monkeys did in fact have killed brain cells.It wasn't the THC that killed their brain cells but the lack of oxygen because the people didn't give them any air. Those pill poppers should shove it :mad:

8. dude what's funny is me and my friend are both "smart stoners" and we like debate about shit on the same team and the gov't is on the other. its awesome, and i bring a notepad and write what we say and i am usually average, and when i see the quotes i put down, theyre fucking brilliant.

9. A 4.3 is not hard to achieve. I was sitting on a 4.7 at the end of my senior year in high school. I hold the belief that weed has no ill effects on my brain. I was always very bright in school and managed to keep my grades as straight A's.

10. Most all of the smartest people I know are stoners. Marijuana use has nothing to do with a lack of intelligence, rather it works the other way around. Smoking weed can really open up your mind and make you think in ways you wouldn't of had you been sober. Weed doesn't kill brain cells, I'm sorry to who ever thinks that - you were lied to. All of my parents friends are stoners, my parents run a succesful bussiness and are their own bosses. My dad is one of the most intelligent people I know and he's been smoking for longer than I've been alive.

There are smart peope and dumb people. Anyone can use marijuana. See the connection? There isn't one.

11. What is the highest GPA achievable where you are? I'm sure 4.2 is the highest at the college I attend; I have no idea how its actually calculated so I could be wrong.

12. #72 IGotTheCottons, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
    Normal courses are calculated like this:

A = 4.0
    B = 3.0
    C = 2.0
    D = 1.0
    F = 0

SOME classes carry more weight for A's, however (AP/"Weighted" courses), and the A will equal a 5.0, instead of a 4.0.

So say you're taking 5 courses, and are making straight A's. Now say that 2 of those courses are AP, and an A = 5.0. So you have three courses which each gave you a 4.0, and two courses where you got a 5.0. Add those up, and divide by the amount of courses, and you'll have your GPA (in this case it would be 4.4, with 2 AP courses equaling 5.0's, and 3 regular courses equaling 4.0's).

13. i know plenty of smart stoners.
    like my ex-boyfriend, who graduated HS with a 4.0 and knows tons of stuff about almost everything. he's one of the smartest and most intelligent people i know, and he smokes ALL the time.
    however, there's also many stoners i know who are totally just throwing their lives away, and one in particular who didn't even pass the personality evaluation for mcdonald's.
    so i guess it just depends on the person, and not how much they smoke.

14. lol nice revive.

well, not to toot my own horn (toot toot)... but i know for a fact that i aint stoopid.

co-validictorian, 6 1-3rd place medals every year (3 years) in orange county decathalon, I have gotten IQ tested 3 times, and my average is 157. (graduated with a 4.55 GPA, my brother had a fuckin 4.7!)

i entered college as a sophomore, thanks AP classes!

now in college, with a 3.983 GPA enrolled in Honors in Chemical Engineering Courses with minors in Math and Environmental Engineering.

and i smoke weed, every... fucking... day :smoke:

weed has nothing to do with ability, drive, any of that. it's all in the mind y'know! stupid people are, stupid... smarter people are, smart! wow!

15. i'm pretty much THE prime example of the stereotypical "stupid stoner", i'm one of the kids anti-marijuana jackasses refer to when they talk about people throwing their lives away, because of the fact i dropped out of high school as a freshman and never went back since.

but the way i see it, if your life revolves around a piece of paper that says you graduated highschool, and you think im the one throwing my life away, you have some real shit to reconsider. im happy, what about you?

on the same note, i know for a fact i'm not an idiot, and i agree with this:

16. Werd!

I coulda done all that (Valedictorian, A/P classes, etc.) had I actually had the drive to. I barely graduated HS. Not because I was stupid... Far from it, actually - IQ was around 160ish. I was just lazy and didn't want to do the work. I probably could have been one of those kids who's in college by age 15... Too bad I was a lazy motherfucker when I was young (Still kicking myself for not living up to my potential :().

(I say "was around 160ish" because after HS, I got pretty heavy into drugs, and am definitely not as sharp now as I was then. I went from having a photographic memory, to often forgetting what year it is.)

And guess what... I didn't start smoking until my last year of HS... My overall HS GPA was 2.1, so obviously I didn't do much work in grades 9-11, prior to me ever smoking.

Weed cannot be blamed for stupidity, or for people throwing their lives away. That's all on the person. A stupid or lazy person is going to be stupid or lazy regardless of whether or not they smoke.

I agree.

Life shouldn't revolve around a piece of paper. That is not what determines 'smart' from 'stupid'... So long as you can support yourself, and are HAPPY doing so, I'd say you're pretty well off. There are also different types of "smart"... Not everyone who's not "book smart" is stupid. Some people just don't take the time/energy to learn certain things. Doesn't mean they're incapable of it, at all.

17. i know plenty of people who got to where they are because of connections, handouts, other people's aid. thats just how the world works. i know plenty of smart people who are jobless, homeless, miserable... and plenty of retards at the top (just look at O'Reilly, Glenn Beck and GWB..)

18. True.

But you gotta admit... They gotta be smart to be able to make it through life that way. I know professional bums who are smarter than some of my friends who got full scholarships to Ivy League schools. They make their way through life practically for free... Living in abandoned homes, and stealing electricity and whatnot. Their actions may not be ideal... But they are still smart for being able to get by how they do.

19. I consider my self a smart stoner....all through 10th grade in high school i had a problem thinking...loosing my train of thought quickly and just never being able to really take in a lesson...I always had F's or D's....then i FOUND WEED...i was able to concentrate much easier, it some how slows my brain a bit down to the point i can fully embrace the lesson..(p.s. saw many doctors and was never diagnosed with ADD or ADHD) WEED HAS BETTERED MY LIFE

20. yes. i am an intelligent stoner.

however, when im high, im quite dumb.

its all good though, i use the mary jane for rewards for doing well