Smart Stoners, check in

Discussion in 'General' started by johnnyv, Oct 26, 2008.

1. #1 johnnyv, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008
    post your GPA and how long you been smoking

smoking: 18 months

GPA: 3.8 unweighted, 4.0 weighted

2. GPA is not at all an accurate measure of intelligence.

3. #3 CaValleySmoker, Oct 26, 2008
    Come on man, you really think GPA is a real gauge of intelligence?

I've been smoking for over 8 years, since I was 13, and I was much smarter than 95% of the kids in my graduating class, and probably never broke B average at best. Anyone can pay attention and do their homework to get an A in the class, even the idiots.

I was socializing with my buddies and maintaining a satisfying social scene after school, meeting girls, playing sports. Not slaving in books to attain some GPA that even your Average Joe can top out on. Much more important IMO.

4. you spelled weighted wrong:p

5. #5 africantapwater, Oct 26, 2008
    Yea, GPA and intelligence aren't really one and the same.

Example:

My graduating high school GPA was higher than only 12 people out of a class of 660, and my current college GPA is sitting at around a 1.8. Those are some pretty abysmal numbers that make me out to be a complete idiot.

However, when I took the SAT's for the first time, with absolutely no effort put into preparation, I scored a 1260 (/1600). I also took an IQ test when I was younger that placed me in the 98th percentile.

So really, GPA shows about how much effort you put into your work. Study hard, turn in all your homework... good GPA.

And I've been smoking for about 5 or 6 years now, during which I attained all of those scores.

6. The 98th percentile, or an IQ of 98? Because IQ scores are meaned at 100 (that is the average), so a score of 100 would be below average :smoke:

however, maybe you meant the 98th percentile out of all people who took an IQ test, which would be like a 115. weird way to present an IQ score though.

i got a 2090 on my SAT the first time.

7. #7 africantapwater, Oct 26, 2008
    A 115 would be around the 84th percentile.

I definitely didn't score a 98. :smoke:

And my SAT's were out of 1600.

8. my SATs are out of 2400 and i got a 1980 with out even studying. much higher than kids in my class who get way better grades than me.
    school is dumb. i teach myself most of the usefuul shit i know

9. IQ=127
    Yrs Smoking=3
    My friends IQ=177
    Yrs smoking=1

10. I'm no longer in school, but I graduated college with a 3.8

11. You do realize that in no way is 1260 a good SAT score?

12. You guys are freakin' hilarious. I mean really.

:rolleyes:

13. Yep

There are many layers of intelligence

14. We don't have GPA in England, and IQs are often innacurate at gauging intelligence but mine is 133.

15. #15 jminnich500, Oct 26, 2008

on the old exam that is a decent score, most people only get 900-1100

that is roughly a 27 on the act

16. im not stupid but i do a lot of dumb stuff. and i'm lazy. but i'm good at problem solving! yeah i wouldn't consider myself "smart":(

17. got a 24 on the ACT...not good, not bad...in the middle really. but i pride myself on having street smarts so school smarts is just a bonus really.

18. Back in the day, the maximum score was 1600 not 99,999,999 or whatever nonsense they have changed it to for you kids these days ;)

I got a 1320 on the SAT test but I could've done better. I skipped a lot of questions in the math section (which was the easiest section by far) because it took all my concentration to not piss my pants. The guy said if we got up to go to the bathroom we would automatically fail!

I've got no clue what my college GPA was when I stopped taking classes. But I graduated high school 1 year early with a 3.8 GPA. Not bad considering how fucked up I was when I went to school sometimes! :hello:

19. Couldn't have said it better myself... I'M A STONER, I'M LAZY, GIMME A BREAK IF I DON'T GET EXCELLENT GRADES EVEN THOUGH I COULD.

20. could you?:D