Smart pots??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Nissty, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Anyone use them? Anyone know if they stand up to their claims?

2. i bought 6 3gal smartpots but i havent planted in them yet. the guy at the hydro shop highly recommended them though and said he always uses them with a lot of success. they had some ridiculously huge plants in the shop in their 20gal smartpots

3. Any container that let's the roots breath and provides better oxygen....Has gotta be good. Plus their reusable, bio degadable and can be used in some hydro applications.

4. I was talking to a guy at a hydro shop I like goto and he said he uses them and likes them. He said they get more oxygen to the roots and helps keep the plants from getting root bound, as the roots grow through the fabric Smart Pots the air naturaly kills off those roots that grow through, then theres the plastic funny shapped ones that have slat like holes in the botton that you can fill with rocks or hydroton he said the draw back to those is you have to use more water when watering because they drain out the bottom fast but also helps keep the plant from getting root bound.

container planting in soil containers

5. I've seen them in use at a few hydro shops. The plants are healthy and HUGE as mentioned before. They're usually growing tropical plants like bananas or rubber trees inside at these places. I've never tried them - but having taking horticultural classes, I know that the idea is sound.

6. I used some outside in my vegetable garden this year and I guess they are okay but I don't see how they are reusable. The roots grow through the fabric and there is no way to really clean them. I grew side by side with 5 gallon buckets and I really didn't see any difference in growth, yield or overall health of the tomatoes. As far as I'm concerned, they are nothing but hype. I sanitize my pots with hot water and bleach because I'm super-paranoid about powdery mildew and pests so as far as I'm concerned, they are disposable. Nothing wrong with good ole buckets!

7. if you think they are good look at these air pots [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NUjNBKex0I]YouTube - LincsHydro - Air-Pot introduction[/ame] iv ordered 3 of them and and some more auto ak 47 the other 2 ak47 were males but my other 3 autos are growing good it will not let me up load any picks at the moment as soon as it dos i will post some

8. You know - I'm pretty sure all of the plants I saw were in Air Pots not Smart Pots. The plants seem to really like them, and they would be a LOT easier to reuse.